Senior Manager, Retail Policy & Acquisition
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 16 January 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Senior Manager, Retail Policy & Acquisition job has just become available at one of the globally recognised financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Retail Banking Risk, this is a role for an experienced Mortgage Credit professional who is looking for a new change in a global environment.
About the Senior Manager, Retail Policy & Acquisition Role:
In this business critical role you will be tasked to ensure credit policies and procedures for all Retail Banking asset products (mainly in Mortgage) are market competitive and compliant with regulatory and Group requirements.
- Monitor the credit quality and risk adjusted return of the portfolio and deployed appropriate action plans to optimise risk and return while also to plan, coordinate and lead introduction of new risk management decisioning tools to support profitable business growth
- Develop a strong team culture and ensure recruitment maintains the required skill set and experience and also to instil a proactive and joined up management approach to ensure Retail Banking Risk are working together with all relevant business units when managing the risk strategies and recommending changes
- Support new product launches, including up to date Risk Reward Programs and all legal and regulatory changes, as required, on a timely basis e.g. Basel II and Sarbanes Oxley and work with counterparts in Asia Pacific Retail Banking Risk to fully leverage group skills and deploy automated decisioning wherever possible, this includes: development of new Scorecards and Account Management strategies (TRIAD);
- Manage the internal and external relationship with Regulators, Group Auditors and Senior Retail Banking Management for all aspects of Retail Risk management and to highlight any areas of concern or emerging trends in terms of deteriorating credit quality, market / economic trends or reduced profitability across any of the Retail Banking portfolios
- Encourage internal and external business /economic knowledge gathering as well as encouraging appropriate training / staff development opportunities, ensure credit strategies are built with a view to future economic / industry trends and not just historical performance information and to maintain cost discipline, rationalise and consolidate risk expense and manage all budgets within plan
To succeed in this Senior Manager, Retail Policy & Acquisition role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, and across borders.
- Minimum with Degree qualification and at least eight years' banking experience
- Retail banking experience are required, especially in the Mortgage industry
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end credit cycle and appreciation of credit risk issues throughout the portfolio life-cycle, to include application risk assessment; risk-based portfolio management techniques; and managing the interface between credit risk and fraud
- Maturity and strong inter-personal skills to both work and negotiate with senior stakeholders (local and regional)
- Good working relationship with regulators and fellow risk practitioners across the industry
This globally established financial institution requires no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate environment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Senior Manager, Retail Policy & Acquisition role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125