Head of Operational Risk Management
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Doreen Ooi
Date posted 16 January 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A new Head, Operational Risk job has become available at a well-known regional bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a risk professional who is a leader in their field.
About the Head, Operational Risk Role:
In this business critical role, you will ensure Operational Risk Framework and all associated policies and procedures and the Risk Management Framework are effectively embedded and communicated in country.
- Manage Quality Assurance (QA) function which includes business units’ self-assessment RCSA/RRSA, annual CEO’s Assurance and Internal Control Attestation and thematic review of hotspots
- Manage and oversee the business line mapping, computation of OR Capital Charge and Risk Weighted Assets
- Facilitate outsourcing assessment, insurance management, loss events incident reporting and reputational risk management
- Manage the Corporate Security (CS) governance programme which oversees the close coordination of all functions within the organisation concerning security and safety that may threaten the resilience of the organisation. This includes bank-wide Business Continuity Management (BCM) programme, Physical Security including Incident and Crisis Management, Fraud Risk Management (FRM) and Email Content Monitoring (ECM).
- Manage the Control Assurance function which include oversee the Treasury Trade Surveillance programme to provide trading control assurance on “hotspots/Areas of concerns” from a cross functional and holistic end-to-end perspective
- Manage the Technology, Information and Cyber Risk (TICR) function which includes provide overarching risk oversight across technology and information security and provide effective challenge and stress test state of risk control activities, mitigation/action plans against known and emerging risks or prevailing cyber intelligence
- Minimum 15 years'relevant working experience in operational risk, audit or operations in the banking environment
- Possess good knowledge of banking products and operations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and able to interact effectively with Business Units and other Support Units across the Bank
- Possess good analytical and report writing skills
- Possess high level of integrity and able to multi-task in a competitive environment
- Additional qualifications relating to OpRisks, Technology, Fraud, BCM and Security are advantageous. eg. ITMP, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Business Continuity Professional, or similar qualifications
This well-known regional bank has an outstanding reputation and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression awaits the right person in this exciting Head, Operational Risk job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125