Global Forex Risk & Control Manager
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting Global Forex Risk & Control Manager Role has just arisen at a globally established financial institution based in Cyberjaya. Reporting directly to the Line Manager, this is a role for any treasury operations professionals who are keen to make a switch to a risk-centric role and take their career to the next level.
About the Global Forex Risk & Control Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will responsible to implement the Group's risk policies as well as the Global Control Agenda. You are also required to continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology. Other key responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following.
- Ensuring all actions take actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring while addressing any areas of concerns in conjunction with line management and/or appropriate department
- Adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls to achieve adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, when appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators
- Implement Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, in accordance to all relevant financial services laws, riles and codes with which the business has to comply
- Adhere to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators
To succeed in the Global Forex Risk & Control Manager role you will need to have the ability to work effectively, independently and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix. Other key requirements include, but not limited to, the following.
- Possess a degree in banking/financial/management/business administration/accounting or equivalent with knowledge of Global Markets processes and trade life-cycle, especially in Global Foreign Exchange
- Operations or Risk professionals with at least 4 years of direct/relevant experience in Global Markets Operations/Back Office Operations, Regulatory Reporting, Compliance or Internal Audit in a banking environment and with at least 3 years experience in a trade life-cycle processing role
- Possess attention to detail, ability to self-audit own work (deliverable subject to review of recipients from all levels)
- Possess the ability to multi-task and work under challenging environment with tight time-lines and to learn quickly and transfer knowledge appropriately
- Effective communication (both written and oral) is essential, along with planning and organisational skills with strong analytical & problem solving skills and has an aptitude for logical solutions
This globally established financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is dynamic and very demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Global Forex Risk & Control Manager role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125