Senior Business Risk & Control Manager
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 10 October 2016
An exciting Senior Business Risk & Control Manager role has just become available at one of the most respected and globally established financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Commercial Banking division (CMB), this is a role for any Risk Professional with a sound knowledge of commercial credit to take the step up in their career.
About the Senior Business Risk & Control Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will be acting as the first line of defence, residing within the Commercial Banking division (CMB) to provide assurance to the Head of CMB that controls within the business division are operating to standards as they are intended and in a forward looking manner. The Business Risk & Control Management (BRCM) unit is also responsible for providing authoritative opinion, ensuring compliance with Group policies and procedures. Other key responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following.
- Liaise with the Operational Risk, Compliance and Legal unit to remain current on Operational, Compliance and Regulatory requirements while also to represent CMB in its responses to Operational Risk matters as well as audit, compliance and governance issues as they affect CMB
- Decide response to operational risk & fraud issues, loss reporting & corrective actions, driving better controls and changes to processes to reduce losses and fraud
- Propose changes to CMB business across number of diverse areas of control and operations as a results of the requirements from Regulators and Group standards while also responding to Group requirements around operational risk reporting, internal & external loss information, oversight of key issues and active challenge at all levels
- Coordinate Risk & Control Assessment (RCA) processes relevant to the payment & cash management operations and supporting the incident management processes while also to assume the role of the Local Compliance Representative for CMB
- Execute key control monitoring plans and testing programmes based on business requirements, report control monitoring & performance data to local management & committees and also to monitor ongoing effectiveness of key controls through oversight of remediation of issues arising from control monitoring & testing
To succeed in the Senior Business Risk & Control Manager role you will need to have the ability to work effectively, cooperatively and independently with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix. Other key requirements include, but not limited to, the following.
- Possesses a reputable degree within the area of accountancy, finance, economics or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of managerial and corporate banking experience with adequate exposure to Processes, Operational Risk, Compliance and Regulatory requirements for Commercial business
- Practical experience and exposure to product development, including training of product users of at least 2 years and also solid credit foundation
- Familiarity with various computer systems via practical experience and attendance or relevant training courses
This globally established financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is very dynamic and is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Business Risk & Control Manager role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125