Vice President Investments
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anushyia Vejayarajah
Date posted 24 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting role of a Vice President of Investments has just become available at one of the most renowned Private Equity based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a suitable role for an experienced individual in the investments space who is striving to embark in the Private Equity sector.
About the Vice President of Investments role:
In this position, you will play a key role in all aspects of the investment process including origination, screening, due diligence, valuation and modelling, deal execution, portfolio management and exits. This position will give you excellent exposure into investments abroad, regionally as well as in the international scenes.
- Further develop a network of contacts through deal negotiations, due diligence activities and attendance of industry conferences and fund sponsor meetings
- Conduct primary research on targeted sectors and markets, develop a pipeline of potential leads, and screen incoming deal opportunities
- Manage and lead deal teams
- Negotiation and execution of deals - negotiation of purchase contract terms and equity documentation, structuring and negotiating debt financing
- Lead internal investment committee approval process
- Monitoring of assigned portfolio companies, including periodic management calls, strategy steering, preparation of periodical reports on the portfolio companies’ performance and implement exit strategies
- Assist in the training and development of the team
To succeed in the Vice President of Investments role, you will need to have at least five to seven years' in-depth experience in direct equity, corporate finance or investment analysis with proven leadership skills.
- Operational experience in leading corporate involved in core economic sectors will be a strong advantage
- Excellent tertiary qualifications (CFA is a plus)
- Sound working knowledge and solid technical skills including financial modelling, valuation & investment analysis
- Results oriented mind-set and ability to set aspiring goals for yourself and the team and have a clear track record of delivering beyond expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills with a critical eye for detail
- A team based and solutions-oriented work approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact confidently at all levels in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively across cultures
This PE firm believes in building lasting partnerships with their investee companies which ultimately reflects in their investment value. As one of the prestigious private equity firms in Malaysia, they have gained deep knowledge and forged strong relationships that have been integral to building businesses across multiple continents.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career in financial services, this is the role for you. Great career opportunity awaits the right person in this Vice President Investment job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125