Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Kim-Yie Lee
Date posted 10 October 2016
A regional Private Equity SVP Investments role has become available at one of the Private Equity firm based in Kuala Lumpur. You will be working within a team together with senior partners of the firm on a wide variety of direct investments deals.
About the SVP, Investments Manager role:
In this position, you will play a key role in all aspects of the investment process including origination, screening, due diligence, valuation and modelling, deal execution, portfolio management and exits. This position will give you excellent exposure into investments in the regionally scene.
- Further develop a network of contacts through deal negotiations, due diligence activities and attendance of industry conferences and fund sponsor meetings
- Conduct primary research on targeted sectors and markets, develop a pipeline of potential leads, and screen incoming deal opportunities
- Manage and lead deal teams
- Negotiation and execution of deals - negotiation of purchase contract terms and equity documentation, structuring and negotiating debt financing
- Lead internal investment committee approval process
- Monitoring of assigned portfolio companies, including periodic management calls, strategy steering, preparation of periodical reports on the portfolio companies’ performance and implement exit strategies
- Assist in the training and development of the team
To succeed in the SVP, Investments role, you will need to have at least 10 years in-depth experience in direct equity, corporate finance or investment analysis with proven leadership skills.
- Operational experience in leading corporate involved in core economic sectors will be a strong advantage
- Excellent tertiary qualifications (CFA is a plus)
- Sound working knowledge and solid technical skills including financial modelling, valuation & investment analysis
- Results oriented mind-set and ability to set aspiring goals for yourself and the team and have a clear track record of delivering beyond expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills with a critical eye for detail
- A team based and solutions-oriented work approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact confidently at all levels in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively across cultures
This PE firm was established in 2007 by three founding Principals who were previously from respective leading financial institutions across the region. This firm operates across 5 regional offices in Asia offering unparalleled local access to opportunities in the region.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career in financial services, this is the role for you. Great career opportunity awaits the right person in this SVP, Investments job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125