SG Trade Finance Op Specialist
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Katrina Lim
Job Ref 1867090/001
Date posted 02 November 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/operations 2022-11-02 2023-01-01 banking Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting SG Trade Finance Op Specialist job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, this is a role for a specialist who is a leader in their field.
About the Trade Finance Ops Specialist Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for processing trade finance transactions received from the bank and corresponding agents within stipulated time as per service level agreement.
- Ensure same-day delivery processing time for trade finance products from submission time by TSD until completion of processing
- Ensure compliance to Trade Finance Policy, Manual and Guidelines and SLA
- Ensure the following are met upon processing of customer’s application:
- Signature verification of TSD officers
- Screening application
- Conform to ICC publications, bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines
- Perform AML/CFT and vessel screening and escalate to TSD if required
- Timely referral/escalate to TSD Singapore for approval/waiver as per TFGPM or internal memo
- Update daily incoming register
- Attend to telephone enquiries and reply to swift/mails enquiries when required
- Handle TSD Singapore/third party/loan owner’s query/complaint promptly
- Perform document checking under UCP600/ISBP and loans compliance checking
- Ensure accurate data entry in Silverlake Trade (SFTF), AMLA and Swift Alliance etc; and related standard letters are accurate
- Perform data entry and/or approve/authorise Swift Alliance related transaction
- Check GL entries and related payment instruction are in order
- Retrieve/check matured bills for cancellation/settlement
- Ensure housekeeping and filing of documents are timely and easy to retrieve
- Assist peers on delivery of other trade products within the department as and when required (multitasking)
- Check and approve alerts in AMLA system (with sighted of higher level approval)
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly/SLA report
- Monitor and ensure KPIs are met
- Motivate staff/peers (if applicable)
- Participate and ensure compliance to 4 S initiatives
- Ensure timely submission of reports i.e. SLA, CUR, MAS reports, month-end report, etc.
- Handle additional functions, ad hoc assignment or projects related to trade system or trade finance
- Perform testing of system-related matters as and when required
- Perform data entry for Capacity Utilisation Rate (CUR)
- Monitor overtime and ensure justification recorded for management’s reporting
- Any other responsibilities/tasks as assigned by the management and as per business requirements from time to time
To succeed in the SG Trade Finance Op Specialist job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Basic degree
- Work experience in trade operations or credit
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills
- Travel requirements (if any) on ad hoc basis
This international banking firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they’ve won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting SG Trade Finance Op Specialist job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 November 2022An exciting Trade Credit Analyst job based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available at a successful and growing trade credit insurance company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 November 2022An exciting Senior Executive, Strategic Transformation job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategic Transformation, this is a role for an individual who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 October 2022An exciting Analyst, Business Management, Investment Banking job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Department, this is a role for an analyst who is a leader in their field.