AVP, Strategic Planning
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Joann Teoh
Date posted 01 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting AVP, Strategic Planning role has just become available at a well established local bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This role is for a talent who is keen on a challenging, yet rewarding environment.
About the AVP, Strategic Planning role:
As an AVP, your role in this bank would be to assist in preparing the GCEO deck for board offsite and shareholder decks and provide support in performing financial reconciliation and validating against PAP to ensure accuracy in the balanced scorecards; perform historical financial data testing as validation for the Strategy Planning team.
- Assist in defining framework for key financial calculation of SVA, ROE and RAR
- Evaluate the model mix of assets and liabilities (both bank book and treasury book) to optimise both the P/L and Risk Appetite Ratio
- Use Forward Positioning Research and its brand positioning results to propose recommendations of key initiatives which can be executed in order to optimise the bank e.g. distribution channels, roles (including KPIs, accountabilities)
- Assist in recommending initiatives to optimise channel management and capacity (based on marginal efficiency per segment)
- Assist in evaluating, based on the Research results, the value of client Ecosystems (especially around individually owned business owners) and prioritise roll-out, inclusive of value proposition and portfolio/acquisition planning
- Analyse the product launches based on the channel infrastructure, taking into account results of research based on the relative attractiveness of product, segment potential, sales capacity, productivity, and cannibalisation risks
- Able to analyse both internal and external data, including transaction information, to provide insights on customer needs and to design the right tools for delivery of product offerings
- Minimum Degree in Statistics/Finance or equivalent. Masters Degree would be an added advantage
- Experience in project advisory especially banking and finance related and ideally with minimum five years' management consulting or equivalent experience
- Good project management experience, especially on large scale transformation projects
- Great interpersonal skills with high negotiation skills
- Good communicator with adequate skills to delivery meaningful presentation
- Ability to problem solve and logical mindset
- Independent and can work with minimal supervision
With the bank on going expansion, you can expect excellent prospects for career advancement if you continually strive to improve and excel in your tasks assigned. The work can be demanding, but it is also interesting and challenging and also rewards satisfying at the same time
If you enjoy working in a fast paced / thriving organisation, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125