Operations Officer, Client Onboarding
Salary + attractive annual bonus
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Joann Teoh
Date posted 26 September 2016
An exciting Operations Officer, Client Onboarding role has just become available at one of Asia Pacific’s highly respected foreign banks, based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Operations manager, this role is for a talent who is keen to take up a challenge and gain experience on a multi-national level.
About the Operations Officer, Client Onboarding role:
With the Know Your Client (KYC) Operator role, you will be responsible for the delivery, oversight and management of new client onboarding, periodic review, client offboarding processes and client maintenance working within agreed policies, procedures, Key Performance and Risk Indicators. As an operations officer, you will also have to design and implement a robust controlled environment while meeting regulatory requirements to maintain effective relationships across internal clients and partner groups.
- leads and liaise closely with all business line in managing the Know Your Clients (KYC) documentations
- leads and liaise closely with local Anti Financial Crime Officers (AFC) to facilitate new and existing clients onboarding
- liaise and participate with Regional team on data gathering, new policy role out and Quality Assurance
- verification of client data for new and existing clients
- perform due diligence check, risk assessment, verification of Know Your Clients (KYC) documentations
- act as a subject matter expert (SME) on client due diligence, identify KYC issues, provide solution or escalate to management
To succeed in this position, you would need to be a self motivated and driven individual who will be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- graduates with good academic records
- overall experience of at least 5 years in the Banking/Finance industry
- KYC background with a minimum of 2 to 4 years experience working in Client Onboarding team
- experience of working in a high matrix environment, and accustomed to bridging the gap between disparate organisations and cultures.
- effective communication skills and social responsibility
- teamwork oriented with good interpersonal and communication skills.
With a long-standing track record as a corporate citizen, the bank is known for its highly dynamic working culture. The bank has established strong bases in all major emerging markets and focuses on four divisions: Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets, Asset Management and Private, Wealth & Commercial Clients. The culture is demanding and prioritises social responsibility and corporate governance but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are articulate, driven and keen to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity to work for a bank with great exposure to various multi-national clients.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125