Deputy Chief Investment Officer
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sammie Sam
Job Ref 1833880/001
Date posted 09 September 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/investment-management 2022-09-09 2022-11-08 banking malaysia MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A well-known asset management company with a very strong presence in Malaysia and significant growth prospects is presenting an opportunity for the position of a Deputy Chief Investment Officer to lead the fund management team and provide strategic investment directions.
About the Deputy Chief Investment Officer:
You will be responsible for the overall fund management function and spearhead the investment strategy for the funds (comprising investments in equities, fixed income securities and money market instruments).
- Work with the CEO and the senior management team to set objectives and develop overall investment goals for the equity and fixed income portfolios
- Review and monitor the portfolio holdings of all funds to ensure that they are constructed based on top-down and bottom-up approaches; taking into consideration macroeconomic factors and fundamental analysis
- Monitor the performance of fund managers and conduct periodic reviews of their performance
- Closely review, manage and mitigate the various risks of all funds
- Review and evaluate economic indicators with the view to forecast economic trends and conditions which influence the stock market outlook
To succeed in the role of the Deputy Chief Investment Officer, you need to have a strong understanding of the financial markets and their products, as well as an ability to manage people and processes.
- Minimum 18-20 years’ experience in portfolio management and/ or the financial markets, with exposure to the regional/ foreign markets
- Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Investment/ Economics
- Proven experience and track record in fund performance
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, advanced analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills which result in actionable recommendations
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills alongside the ability to coach and mentor a team of portfolio managers
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Deputy Chief Investment Officer role.
Apply today / send in your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 September 2022An interesting opportunity has surfaced for a VP, Islamic Wealth Management job at one of the local banks headquartered in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 September 2022A well-known bank is seeking a highly-qualified Head of Market Risk. This is a role for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the risk management department in the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 August 2022A well-known asset management company with a very strong presence in Malaysia and significant growth prospects is presenting an opportunity for the position of Deputy Chief Investment Officer to lead the fund management team and provide strategic investment directions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 September 2022An exciting ESG Specialist job has just become available at a reputable bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for professionals who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the financial services industry.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 September 2022An exciting Senior Project Manager job has just become available at a global banking institution based in Kuala Lumpur. In this role, you will provide operational management support including, but not limited to, continuous improvement, strategy execution, financial management, governance, organisational design and people management.