Assistant Manager, Internal Audit
Consultant Ammelia Chew
Date posted 23 April 20192019-04-23 2019-06-22 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters
An exciting Assistant Manager, Internal Audit position has just arisen at an investment bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in his or her career.
About the Assistant Manager, Internal Audit Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be providing support to the Section Head in finance and operational audit, investigations and other adhoc assignments to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Perform risk based financial and operational audit, investigations to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of systems of internal controls.
- Identify areas of improvement opportunities as well as the implications and develop recommendations to improve the systems of internal controls.
- Perform quality review on work performed by team members, where applicable, to ensure that these adhere to expected technical and reporting standards.
- Prepare draft/final reports for presentation to the Management.
- Perform follow up reviews to ensure timely implementation of the agreed remedial measures.
- To assist in any adhoc assignments.
To succeed in this Assistant Manager, Internal Audit role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels.
- Recognised Degree in Finance, Accounting or its equivalent (i.e. CIA, CIAFIN, CPA, etc)
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience in related field, working experience in investment banking, equity broking or asset management would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk management practices
- Familiar with corporate governance, relevant regulatory requirements, i.e. BNM/Securities Commission/ Bursa Malaysia
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledgeable in audit software tool, i.e. ACL/IDEA would be an added advantage
- Good analytical, problem solving, report writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills, able to work independently
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Assistant Manager, Internal Audit role.
Apply today or email me at Ammelia.Chew@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C