Manager, Investment Performance Reporting & Analytics
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Katrina Lim
Job Ref 1895710/001
Date posted 20 January 2023kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/insurance 2023-01-20 2023-03-21 insurance Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Manager, Investment Performance Reporting & Analytics job has just become available at one of the most respected global Insurance firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Department, this is a role for a leader in their field.
About the Manager, Investment Performance Reporting & Analytics Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for production/review of accurate reports of various funds and assets class for global clients. You will also be involved in proactive research and provide insight on investment performance, deviations from benchmark; asset allocation targets and portfolio movements to clients.
- Produce/review accurate customised performance attribution and risk reports for EQ, FI, balanced and multi-currency (institutional) portfolios within specified timescales
- Be responsible for daily performance attribution reporting of various funds and asset class for the global clients
- Prepare returns, attribution/contribution analysis, risk characteristics report of multi asset (equity, fixed income, alternative) multi-manager funds while creating and maintaining ad hoc customised reports
- Identify, highlight and rectify the anomalies in attribution, risk and performance numbers and provide the proper justification, and be experienced in Pos and Transactions Reconciliations
- Communicate with other business areas necessary to improve accuracy and reliability of performance reporting. Returns reconciliation for EQ, FI and custom BM/index on daily/monthly basis
- Proactively research and provide insights on investment performance, deviations from benchmark; asset allocation targets and portfolio movements to clients
- Coordinate with data providers, colleagues and clients on issues relating to the quality and timeliness of data and the content of the reports
- Work with other teams and team members working for the same projects and identify business operational areas of improvements and propose appropriate action plans
- Follow up with Business Analysts for planning a process of new data acquisitions, providing the desired performance reporting solutions
- Ensure documentation of policies, procedures and work processes and ensuring compliance with set procedures, any other assignments given by the management from time to time
- Identify the areas of automation and shall be able to develop the VBA macros, Access DB tools independently
To succeed in the Manager, Investment Performance Reporting & Analytics job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Four to eight years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of EQ, FI and multi-asset class portfolio performance measurement and attribution reporting and risk reporting
- Understating of GIPS standard and experience in GIPS implementations of Inv Management industry
- Experience with investment management project skills is an advantage
- Proficiency in Bloomberg PORT, Eagle IBOR, MSTR and Microsoft Office applications particularly advanced Excel skills
- Strong knowledge and exposure to financial markets and various financial products (including performance analytics)
- Intermediate work experience of databases, systems design and proficiency in using VBA Macros, SQL for managing large volumes of data and performance reports
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Degree or equivalent in a finance, technical, mathematical discipline (CIPM/CFA is an advantage)
This international insurance firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they’ve won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Manager, Investment Performance Reporting & Analytics job.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 January 2023An exciting Senior Manager, Financial Reporting Management job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Deputy Director, this is a role for a Senior Manager who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 January 2023A successful and growing financial institution, part of a well-known local financial group is looking for a high-calibre candidate for a Senior Relationship Manager Corporate Banking job to join their business in their Head Office in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 December 2022An exciting Manager, Regulatory Compliance job has just become available at a reputable insurance company based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for regulatory compliance professionals especially those who looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the insurance industry.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 December 2022An attractive Manager, Group Investor Relations has become available at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 December 2022An exciting Business Banking Relationship Manager job has just become available at a fast-growing international financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur.