Manager, Investment Governance
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1885300/001
Date posted 15 December 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/insurance 2022-12-15 2023-02-13 insurance Cyberjaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified candidate for a Manager, Investment Governance job. This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make a lasting impact on the organisation.
About the Manager, Investment Governance Role:
In this business critical role, you will support the Investment Governance function at Group Investment (“Group Investment Governance”) on the maintenance and continuous improvement of the IGF Standards covering, among others, the Standard Development Forum, the IGF working library, the IGF exception request portal, the IGF certification portal, the web-based IGF compendium, the IGF chatbot, the Investment Governance reports as well as the relevant IGF projects.
- Coordinate with the designated individuals responsible for administrating the respective IGF Standards (“IGF Functional Owners”) on the relevant IGF proposals involving new and/or updated governance and control environment requirements applicable to the relevant IGF Entities and their investment-related activities for consideration by the SDF
- Prepare the relevant draft SDF presentation materials for review by Group Investment Governance before issuance
- Update the IGF working library on a regular basis to reflect the latest IGF proposals as part of the internal socialisation process
- Work with the internal Investment Communications team on the quarterly announcements concerning the latest IGF proposals and/or the latest approved IGF Standards (as the case may be)
- Coordinate with the relevant IGF Functional Owners and the internal Investment Communications team on the corresponding quarterly IGF walkthrough sessions concerning the relevant IGF proposals endorsed by the SDF
- Follow up with the respective IGF Functional Owners on comments received during the internal socialisation process concerning the relevant IGF proposals
- Manage the corresponding internal approval process for the relevant IGF proposals after the completion of the internal socialisation process
- Maintain the IGF working library to appropriately capture the latest approved IGF Standards, the corresponding frequently asked questions (“IGF FAQs”) issued by the designated individuals responsible for interpreting the respective IGF Standards (“IGF Referees”) as well as the relevant reference materials
- Monitor the IGF exception request portal to ensure that the relevant details have been properly captured by the respective exception requestors
- Work with the internal IT team to update the relevant data fields of the IGF exception request portal as and when appropriate
- Follow up with the relevant IGF Functional Owners and/or IGF Referees as and when appropriate to further facilitate the internal review process concerning the relevant IGF exception requests submitted by the relevant IGF Entities via the portal
- Coordinate with the respective certification preparers and gather the latest relevant information about each of the IGF Entities to further facilitate the performance of the IGF annual certification exercise by the IGF Entities via the IGF certification portal
- Maintain the web-based IGF compendium/eBook on the intranet to ensure consistency with the latest approved IGF Standards and IGF FAQs captured in the IGF working library by working with the internal Process Transformation team on the corresponding UAT process
To succeed in the Manager, Investment Governance job, you will need to work with the internal IT team to update the relevant data fields of the IGF certification portal before the launch of the portal for the corresponding annual certification exercise.
- Degree holder in Business Administration, Finance, CGA or related principles
- Four to seven years of relevant working experience in a control function within the financial services industry, such as governance, compliance, risk management or audit
- Knowledge in asset management and/or securities regulations
- Highly motivated self-starter, strong attention to detail, conscientious and good communication skills
This organisation is an exciting addition to the insurance industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager, Investment Governance.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 December 2022An exciting Manager, Internal Audit job has just become available in a renowned insurance company based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the insurance industry.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 18 January 2023An exciting Manager, Business Management Office job has just become available at one of the most respected global investment banking firms based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Head of Department, this is a role for a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 January 2023A leading independent consulting firm is seeking a highly skilled Manager, Brand and Communications Support in Kuala Lumpur to lead work in the area of brand and communications support for the Greater Asia Life practice.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 January 2023An exciting Manager, Strategy Development & Management job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategic Transformation, this is a role for an individual who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 January 2023A well-established and dynamic foreign bank is looking for a high-calibre individual for a Wholesale Banking Relationship Manager job based in Kuala Lumpur to drive the business of the bank.