Head of Group Finance
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Joann Teoh
Date posted 19 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-18 insurance Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters
A world-leading life insurance organisation is recruiting a Head of Group Finance in Kuala Lumpur to join their team. In this Head of Group Finance role, you will be responsible in leading the entire Group Finance team and ensure that the directions and strategies are aligned with the Group Office, which will lead to successful operations and project implementations.
About the Head of Group Finance role:
Reporting to the Regional Head of Finance and the CEO of the organisation, you will be accountable for all areas of Finance including; areas of Investment Accounting, Procurement Support Operations, Finance Operations, Treasury Operations Services and any reporting and analysis to the Group Office on a timely basis and in accordance to applicable accounting policies, standards and guidelines.
- Responsible to review, monitor, meet and report all KPIs/SLAs as stipulated
- Responsible to collaborate and develop a business partnership with Business Units CFOs and Controllers, Group Functions Heads, external auditors and etc., to ensure strategic alignment and successful project migration.
- Strategically plan the outsourcing projects and continuous monitoring to ensure successful implementation.
- Further enhance / re-engineer the Group processes via automation which will lead to cost reduction (OPAT improvement), improved service delivery (fast close) and improved internal control & governance (improved quality of information).
- Responsible to develop / annually review Business Process Manuals (BPM) and Training Materials for each process in the Group by optimising best practices, ensuring all risks are address by proper controls, and at the same time ensuring the BPM is in line with the organisation’s accounting procedures, and applicable group and local accounting standards
- Responsible to prepare, communicate, monitor and analyse variance for the Group approved budget against actual financial data on a timely basis to ensure cost optimisation.
- Delivering beyond Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Group Finance and Local entities
- Overall productivity improvement and value creation to the stakeholders – optimise the Group supports to their Group of Entities, focus on standardisation and process re-engineering via automation and enhancement
- University Degree in Accountancy and Internationally Recognised Accounting Qualification (ACCA, etc)
- 15 + Years in Finance department of a multi-national Bank/Insurance company (preferably in Asia-Pacific)
- Advance knowledge of accounting standard and principles, the ability to interpret the standards and apply to real life scenarios
- Advance knowledge of investment products (Bonds, Equities, Mutual Funds, Structured Notes, Asset Backed Securities, etc) including both the accounting characteristics of such securities and the investment characteristics
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as training technique
This leading life insurance multinational has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Group Finance role.
Apply now and feel free to connect with me through firstname.lastname@example.org!
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C