Senior Manager, Compliance
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Ammelia Chew
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-05-11 insurance Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 168000 168000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An attractive Senior Manager, Compliance job has just arisen at an insurance firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the Senior Manager, Compliance Role:
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Manager, Compliance to assist in group-wide compliance awareness and to ensure the compliance framework in place is in line with the latest developments and changes of the relevant regulatory requirements so as to effectively manage the Group’s compliance risk.
- Establish, maintain and monitor the compliance standards of the organisation by conducting Compliance Risk Assessment, updating the compliance policies, reviewing all identified gaps/deficiencies are addressed promptly.
- Assist HOD/CRO in preparing reports to the EXCO, AC and Board.
- Ensure that the Company’s procedures and practices are in line with the various guidelines issued by BNM, MTA and other local regulatory bodies.
- Follow up with impacted Business Units or Functions to ensure their processes are aligned with new regulatory changes.
- Ensure new product launch is in accordance to BNM requirements.
- Assist in planning and conducting Compliance Reviews by providing recommends to the observations to ensure rectification actions are carried out within the committed timeline by the various business owners.
- Collaborate with other departments on compliance issue for investigation and resolution (if any). To consult Legal/ Shariah department as needed to resolve difficult legal or Shariah compliance issues.
- To conduct and attend compliance awareness training
To succeed in the Senior Manager, Compliance role, you will need to possess minimum eight years relevant experience in Compliance and have extensive exposure in investigation practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Law/ Accounting or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong people and project management skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the insurance or takaful business and its business issues
- Understanding of relevant statutory requirements and guidelines issued by BNM, MTA and knowledge of Takaful Act 1986
This insurance firm has got the people and ethos to act with speed, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Senior Manager, Compliance job.
Apply today or email me at Ammelia.Chew@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C