Assistant Manager, Regional Financial Controls
Consultant Ammelia Chew
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-05-11 insurance Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 60000 81600 81600 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An attractive has just arisen at an insurance firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the Assistant Manager, Regional Financial Controls Role:
As an Assistant Manager, Regional Financial Controls, you will perform testing of design and operating effectives for finance/operations controls, in addition, support the management and improve the department operating process, enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency in administrative works, SOX scoping, testing and reporting activities.
- Prepare SOX planning document and setup LBU level SOX scoping and risk assessment template
- Review LBUs' finance/operations process documents to ensure clarity and quality of documentation
- Escalate potential control deficiencies to manager/senior manager and gather the necessary information for further evaluation
- Act as main liaison/team lead with LBUs for technical, administrative and budgeting matters. Assist LBUs in meeting regulatory methodology and requirements
- Lead team members and guest testers to ensure quality and timely execution of testing and reporting of deficiency
To succeed in the Assistant Manager, Regional Financial Controls role, you will need to possess minimum four years’ audit experience in the insurance industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accountancy qualification is preferred
- Experience in reputable audit firm or financial services or regional role in MNCs
- Knowledge and exposure in SOX 404, COSO Framework, IFRS, internal controls
- Willing to travel within APAC region as and when required (60% travel)
This insurance firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in the industry. The firm has got the people and ethos to act with speed, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Assistant Manager, Regional Financial Controls job.
Apply today or email me at Ammelia.Chew@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C