Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 17 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Senior Manager, Internal Audit role has just become available with a global leading Insurance Operator based here in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Regional Head in Singapore, this is a step up for an experienced Insurance Auditor who is looking for a step up to lead a team of auditors covering the local country's audit assignments.
About this Senior Manager, Internal Audit Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to take lead and manage the local audit function (which reports to the local Audit Committee with matrix across to the Regional Internal Audit team in Singapore).
- Prepare and submit annual audit plan to the Audit Committee for approval. Track progress of completion of the audit plan against available resources to ensure timely completion, status of audit activities and final reports to Audit Committee
- Perform bi-annual risk assessment review of the firm's Internal Audit function and make necessary changes to reflect changes in risk levels and strategic direction of the firm to ensure the Internal Audit function remains relevant and aligned with enterprise and operational risk of the firm.
- Report to the Audit Committee results of audit activities and investigations; provide progress updates of the annual audit plan, status of open issues and audit resourcing
- Allocate and oversee audit projects conducted by the audit team to ensure timely completion of projects within budget. Provide oversight on audit planning, fieldwork and reporting
- Table audit report to the Audit Committee
- Plan, conduct and report special assignments such as management request for risk assurance reviews and fraud investigations
- Provide coaching and develop talent of audit staff through regular feedback and organising relevant training to suit development need; whilst also to develop succession plan for the function
- Manage stakeholder relationships, both internal and external, through effective and efficient communications and high quality deliverables
To succeed in this Senior Manager, Internal Audit role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, across borders and internal matrix.
- Possess a recognise degree within the accounting and finance field with added advantage to candidates with professional qualifications (i.e. CIA, CPA, ACCA, AMUU/CII are preferred)
- Possess at least 8 years of internal auditing experience inclusive of 3 years of managerial positions
- External audit experiences within the Big 4 will be considered
- Ability to work within pressured environment and ability to think out-of-the-box
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills, along with sound leadership skills where candidate is able to motivate and grow subordinates
This company is more than just another insurance provider and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record within the audit function from an insurance/financial services background especially, you can take your career forward with this attractive Senior Manager, Internal Audit role.
Apply now or email me to discuss this opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125