Underwriting Manager (Non-Motor)
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Patricia Lim
Date posted 17 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Manager (Non-Motor) job has just become available at one of the global General Insurance brand in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Underwriting Senior Manager, this is a role for an underwriter who is leader in their field.
About the Underwriting Manager (Non-Motor) Role:
In this underwriting role, your main responsibilities include analysing risk in the insurance proposals, implement the underwriting policies and procedures and monitor claims trends. You will also take the lead providing direction to underwriters and all relevant branches.
- Communicate and implement underwriting policies and procedures for acquisition, pricing and control of profitable business
- Undertake statistical analysis of the specific class of business involved, advice on minimum rates and monitor for claims trends
- Provide technical supports for branches, to source for quotation from professional re-insurer wherever necessary
- Review and evaluate submissions which exceed underwriter's authority, providing direction to the underwriters
- Provide quotation to branches for risks which exceed branch authority limits.
- Ensure all policies, proposals and related documents are updated regularly.
- Communicate professionally on timely basis regarding enquiries, underwriting decision and company products and services.
- Develop new products together with sales and marketing based market requirements, as well as provide regional trainings
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and be informed with on-going analytics development within the insurance sector.
- More than five years' of working experience in related/similar functions and capacity
- Degree in Insurance/Law/Business Administration or other recognised professional qualification
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of personnel (i.e. internal and external customers) effectively
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications (i.e. Word Excel and Power Point)
- Goal-driven and objective-oriented, highly motivated and strong teamwork among colleagues
- General Insurance experience
This reputable general insurance has insurance products and wide services range. Pursuant to the rebranding, this company will leverage on the Group’s global expertise while maintaining the Company’s balanced, diversified and entrenched distribution channels in Malaysia and continuing to sustain a strong and robust balance sheet.
If you have a successful track record of working experience in reserving and analytics and enjoy working in an open environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Underwriting Manager (Non-Motor).
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity!
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125