Head of Enterprise Risk Management, Takaful
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 04 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head of Enterprise Risk Management, Takaful role has just arisen with the largest locally established insurance operator that is based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer of the firm, this role entails not only matters relating to Enterprise Risk but also strategy risk and also stress testing (to name a few). Hence giving the potential candidate a wide exposure of the firm and industry.
About the Head of Enterprise Risk Management, Takaful Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to support the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in collating, monitoring and reporting risk responses to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), audit findings and Key Risk Indicator (KRI) reporting and also to implement/revise risk management frameworks, policies, guidelines/procedures (including BNM requirements on top of those specific to financial/operational/insurance risk) in order to support the overall risk management strategies.
- To attend to BNM Composite Risk Rating (CRR) & local regulatory issues & concerns
- To drive the Enterprise Risk Dashboard KRI reporting
- To coordinate internal framework and policies revision (other than those specific to other risk areas)
- To drive the Knowledge Management Initiatives
- To participate in initiative to create and promote a risk aware culture
- To drive the staff management and development plan
- Assist with any ad-hoc agreement and others as required by the CRO
To succeed in this Head of Enterprise Risk Management, Takaful role, you are required to adopt a pro-active, hands-on approach identifying areas for improvement, the problem solving skills to deliver these combined with a positive outlook that will motivate and inspire others to embrace standards & change.
- At least a degree or degree equivalent professional qualification with a minimum eight years' relevant working experience related to Compliance, Risk Management, Audit and/or Insurance Operations
- Have strong ability (couple with past experience) in monitoring and challenging the actions/risk response
- Have strong project management skills and sound knowledge of insurance products and operations
- Ability to drive the implementation of risk initiative within the environment/operations while also driving continuous communication with Regulators, Head Office, Business Units and relevant departments
- Possess strong knowledge of local regulatory requirements and ability to drive the understanding of risk management requirements
This largest locally established insurance operator needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their excellent achievements, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Enterprise Risk Management, Takaful role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125