Chief Risk Officer, General Insurance
Salary + Company Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 01 March 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Chief Risk Officer, General Insurance role has just become available with a globally established insurance firm based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Board Risk Committee, this is an uplift position for an experienced and hungry Risk Professional in the Insurance industry to spearhead the firm's risk management function.
About the Chief Risk Officer, General Insurance Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible to support the Board of Directors and the CEO in creating strategies to maximise the Group's return on capital employed within the risk governance framework limitations and also to collaborate actively on activities leading to value creation.
- Analyse and develop risk management recommendations in an integrated perspective to ensure that the firm's processes have effectively embedded the process of managing risks
- Provide commitment, organisation, coordination, assistance, training and change management in developing and enhancing the internal control and risk management system, the risk processes, the risk management organisation and the risk operating model
- Focus on the assessment, improvement and oversight of the risk appetite framework and of the management of risks, capital and risk-adjusted criteria embedded into decision-making processes in order to maximise value within the requirements as defined by the local regulator and shareholder
- Support, facilitate and coordinate the efforts towards the development of models, methodologies, data, processes, controls and platform required for the calculation, assessment, optimisation and reporting based on the results of:
- Local Economic and/or Risk-based Capital Regime
- the Solvency II Internal Model
- the Solvency II Standard Formula approach, and the Economic Balance Sheet amongst other
- Strengthen oversight and overall risk assessment at firm and business unit level by running and/or supporting risk assessments within the scope of the department
- Maintain relevant bodies and stakeholders informed of the state of the art of the internal control and risk management system of the company from the risk management perspective
- Ensure that the risk management perspective is upheld at corporate bodies
To succeed in this Chief Risk Officer, General Insurance role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, and across borders.
- Possess a degree and/or post-graduate degree with concentration in quantitative discipline (i.e. actuarial, economics, engineering, statistics); Added advantage for professional qualifications in PRM, FRM, FSA, CERA, CQF or completion of professional insurance qualifications
- At least 10 years' working experience with at least eight years' in Insurance with five years' in senior management capacity
- Familiarity with risk management space of the insurance industry or related financial services firms with proven leadership track by occupying similar positions where the risk management perspective is added to business goals and objectives
- Good understanding of capital management, allocation concepts and methodology, understanding of the implications of changes in the firm's risk profile by single and joint risk factors
- Understanding of local Economic Capital, Solvency II and RBC frameworks
This globally established insurance firm is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive risk professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Chief Risk Officer, General Insurance role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity!
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125