Associate Director, Product Underwriting
Salary Highly Attractive Remuneration
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant JaeLee Phu
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting Associate Director, Product Underwriting job has just become available at one of the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Regional Chief Underwriter, this is a role for an underwriter who is a leader in their field.
About the Associate Director, Product Underwriting Role:
You will be responsible for underwriting and product development activities across APAC region.
- review product design, policy provisions, treaties, business development proposals and underwriting guidelines and tables
- independently handle products/markets as allocated by the reporting manager
- help with and contribute to underwriting initiatives or projects to help develop business in the region that may be assigned to you
- involve in research work for new product development
- participate in the development of the group's reinsurance underwriting and operational manuals
- handle risk management related enquiries
- assist or conduct underwriting and product training for client companies and assist with business development seminars
- assist or conduct on site or off site client underwriting audits
- help with case underwriting, depending on requirements of the business
- render efficient and courteous service to internal and external clients and ensure timely and quality service standards are met
To succeed in the Associate Director, Product Underwriting job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- minimum 5 years’ good experience in life and health insurance underwriting; product underwriting and claims knowledge will be added benefits
- exposure to Southeast Asian markets would be added advantage. Professional qualifications (FLMI, ALU, etc.) is preferred
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- self-motivated, independent and a strong team player
- proficiency in written & spoken English is a must. Proficiency in any of the SEA languages will provide an added advantage.
This international re-insurer needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their client services and being the most efficient in delivering innovative and practical solutions, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a talented and focused underwriter or product development professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this is the role for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125