Funds Operations and Accountant (Senior Associate)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Katrina Lim
Job Ref 1889470/001
Date posted 03 January 2023kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/hedge-funds 2023-01-03 2023-03-04 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Funds Operations and Accountant (Senior Associate) job has just become available at one of the most respected global firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the CFO, this is a role for an Accountant who is a leader in their field.
About the Funds Operations and Accountant (Senior Associate) Role:
In this critical role, you will work on operations, valuation and accounting works for the funds and management company (house accounts).
- Work on operations, valuation and accounting works for funds and management company (house accounts), including:
- Cash management and settlement
- Liaison with custodians, brokers and advisers
- Preparation of return analysis and investment reports
- Provide support for valuation and any ad hoc matters
- House accounts and consolidation of account
- Prepare and maintain accounts and records of investment projects, including regular books and records, and other accounting works for completion of fund audits
- Prepare financial statements, annual reports and tax filing for the funds and management company
- Liaise internally and externally to ensure compliance in tax, accounting and financial matters
- Compile information of projects for investment managers and interested parties to perform analysis, reports for investors, etc.
- Handle or assist in invoicing/ billings/expenses/reimbursement or other general accounting clerical duties of investments and companies
- Work closely with the Fund Manager
To succeed in the Funds Operations and Accountant (Senior Associate) job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Required language(s): English is a must and fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese
- At least a bachelor's degree/postgraduate diploma in Accounting and/or Finance
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA or equivalent) with 5 - 10 years' working experience in the related field is required for this position, preferably in fund management industry, Big 4 accounting firm or financial institutions
- Strong in excel and knowledge in VBA is a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoy working in a start-up small office environment requiring proactive communication through calls and emails with colleagues overseas (Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia)
- Outgoing personality and presentable
- Proactive, independent, energetic, meticulous, and capable to work under pressure
- Readiness to travel from time to time and work flexible hours
This international firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Funds Operations and Accountant (Senior Associate) job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 January 2023A leading independent consulting firm is seeking a highly skilled Manager, Brand and Communications Support in Kuala Lumpur to lead work in the area of brand and communications support for the Greater Asia Life practice.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 January 2023An exciting Assistant Vice President, Compliance (Shariah) job has just become available in a renowned bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for professionals who are looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the financial services industry.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 January 2023An interesting Corporate Banking Credit Analyst job based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available at an established foreign financial institution.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 January 2023A well-established and dynamic foreign bank is looking for a high-calibre individual for a Wholesale Banking Relationship Manager job based in Kuala Lumpur to drive the business of the bank.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 January 2023An exciting Assistant Manager, Internal Audit job has just become available in a multinational bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the financial services industry.