AVP, Regulatory Reporting
Salary MYR144,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Emily Lim
Date posted 28 October 20192019-10-28 2019-12-27 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting AVP, Regulatory Reporting job opportunity has become available at a leading financial institution in Malaysia.
About the AVP, Regulatory Reporting Role:
You will be in charge of the local reporting for conventional and Islamic banking window operations, including the timely and accurate production of all statistical reports and financial statements for submission to Bank Negara Malaysia.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of local reporting for the conventional bank and IBW in accordance with BNM guidelines
- Ensure all regulatory and statistical reporting to the regulator with respect to capital adequacy, risk weighted assets and liquidity, are completed timely and in compliance with the regulation or guidelines for BNM
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of the Labuan reporting in accordance with LOFSA guidelines
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of the reports to Malaysian Deposits Insurance Corporation (PIDM) and ensure timely submission
- Responsible for the preparation and publication of statutory accounts of BNPP Malaysia Berhad in accordance with the Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards
- Prepare the CIP calculations on monthly basis
- Prepare the ALCO pack report analysis on a monthly basis
- Prepare the flash result of the profit and loss for the management
- Responsible for the BNM and the LOFSA queries
- Manage and support team members to ensure accurate and timely submission reports
- Responsible for teaching and training junior team members to master the local regulatory reporting
- Create, develop and improve the reporting template to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Engage with vendors and the project team whenever there are new reporting requirement by regulators which necessitate enhancements to the system
- Continuously review and streamlines processes, and enhance controls surrounding regulatory reporting functions
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as well as local regulatory bodies as required
- Monitor and update relevant SOP accordingly
- Keep up to date the latest regulatory reporting requirement
- Comply with bank policy and standard local procedures
To succeed in this role, you must have experience in regulatory reporting in Malaysia banks.
- Exposure to the banking industry with extensive knowledge in regulatory reporting
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Appreciation for control measures
- Able to plan and execute
- Able to operate at a high level or at detailed level – depending on circumstances
- Able to work under pressure, flexible and open minded
- An effective communicator who believes in team work and is dependable
- Degree in accounting/finance
- At least 10 years of working experience preferably in the banking industry
This established regional financial institution is strongly positioned and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate culture, they are looking for like-minded individuals whom are ready to step out of the box and lead change.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is calling out for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting AVP, Regulatory Reporting role.
Apply today to learn more.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C