Chief Financial Officer
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sammie Sam
Date posted 30 August 20192019-09-10 2019-10-29 banking Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY 50480 MYR 420000 540000 540000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Chief Financial Officer job has become available at an established financial institution that delivers tailor made lending and banking solutions. In this role, you will provide an effective and responsive finance service that operates at optimal cost and employs a common and transparent business model.
About the Chief Financial Officer Role:
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will lead the finance function across finance operations, finance reporting, capital management and corporate strategy.
- Develop finance organisation strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establish functional objectives in line with organisational objectives
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity quality and customer-service strategies, designing systems and accumulating resources
- Develop and analyse the bank’s operations; identity opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and accumulate capital to fund expansion
- Ensure that the leadership team is kept informed on the latest financial industry developments, trends and regulations impacting finance processes and policies
- Ensure that infrastructure and system provided by the technology team will support the bank’s operations
- Resolve financial issues and coordinate activities and processes within the business
- Advice and recommend system solutions to management which are cost-effective and serve the needs of the organisation
- Act as a trusted business adviser to support the executive team with key financial information and operational analytics, and drive a culture of accountability in managing business and adding value to operating businesses
- Provide strategic and tactical matters related to budget management, cost benefits analysis and forecasting needs
- Build and maintain a high performance culture through an effective performance management system, continuous engagement and communication as well as coaching of employees
To succeed in this Chief Financial Officer role, you need to have in-depth, hands-on strategic finance experience.
- Qualified accountant with an undergraduate or post-graduate degree
- Over 12 years' experience in a finance-related field
- Broad knowledge of accounting standards and reporting requirements, regulatory framework set by relevant authorities/agencies in the banking and finance industry
- Exhibit particularly strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills that can be used in motivating, influencing and advising MD and the board of directors
- Highly-developed analytical skills in drawing the conclusions around key business management and financial pieces of work, and influencing skills to persuade key decision makers to implement solutions around this
- Maintain a high standard/quality of work and continually seek out improvement
This is a full-fledged specialised financial institution. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Chief Financial Officer role.
Apply today at email@example.com or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C