Manager, Regulatory Reporting (Basel/Statsmart)
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Joann Teoh
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-17 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters
An exciting Manager, Regulatory Reporting (Basel/Statsmart) role has just become available at a top tier foreign bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This role is for a talent who is keen on a challenging, yet rewarding environment.
About the Manager, Regulatory Reporting (Basel/Statsmart) role:
This top tier bank offers its clients access to local markets through its consumer, commercial, corporate and investment banking. The group has experienced rapid growth in recent years and is continuously enhancing its finance processes. In line with the local regulatory environment, you will be responsible to prepare and review local regulatory and statistical returns to external parties on a timely basis complete with analysis of the financial performance reported.
- Responsible in supporting regulatory return and all credit and non-credit risk reporting
- Implement new regulatory requirements as required by Bank Negara
- Coordinate with business managers to obtain information required by Bank Negara and others
- Assist in the development of new group systems or regulatory reporting systems and maintenance/ continuous development of the existing finance systems
- Provide PSGL support to business in relation to queries, problem solving, training, and user requirements.
- Analysis of significant trends and variances, key indicators
- Participate in Group projects which have a financial or finance systems implications
- Supporting the implementation of Basel III, Group and Local Reporting and any other new requirements
- To help raise awareness and to develop in-house expertise to keep abreast of current Financial Accounting Standards and its implications
- Implement the operational risk management and assurance framework. To embed management of operational risk and maintain a compliance culture through undertaking periodic compliance risk focused self-assessments, highlighting exceptions, generating accurate and timely compliance reports, assess Finance risks and ensure that controls exist to mitigate them
- To continuously review the team’s current work flow methodology and re-engineer processes to derive optimum output
- Responsibility also extends to activities supporting their Islamic entity
The successful Manager, Regulatory Reporting (Basel/Statsmart) should have excellent management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working in a Banking environment, audit firms (handling banking audit) would be an advantage
- Exposure to regulatory reporting and systems and good knowledge and understanding of the finance functions
- Qualifications in accounting/finance is a must
- Strong communicator and analytical mindset
- Big 4 candidates with Financial Services audit experience are encouraged to apply
This established foreign bank needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the top three leaders in its field of expertise in the corporate and global markets portfolio. The bank has a very strong work culture that promotes internal mobility. If you are confident and have the can-do attitude without fear of being hands on, the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this existing Manager, Regulatory Reporting (Basel/Statsmart) role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C