Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Joann Teoh
Date posted 07 December 2018 2018-12-072019-01-29 financial-services Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Accountant/Senior Accountant job has just become available with a globally established Fund Management firm based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Accountant/Senior Accountant Role:
This role is responsible for carrying out finance functions for multiple legal entities in Hong Kong and China, including accounting, tax, internal and external reporting and treasury operations. The incumbent will work closely with the project team to support the implementation of projects on accounting and expense management system upgrade and finance operational process review/outsource. This role also interacts extensively with the US and regional accounting teams to support the year-end financial statements review as well as other head office reporting.
- Prepare month-end closing for multiple legal entities in Asia, including Hong Kong and China to ensure the transactions are completely and accurately recorded in accordance with IFRS, and global finance policies and procedures; and reported according to stipulated timelines
- Support department activities to ensure payments, billings, treasury transactions are properly authorized and executed in line with group policies on a timely basis
- Prepare internal and external financial reports, regulatory returns, tax filings and any other reports as required, and ensure filings are done on a timely basis. Liaise with external professionals as applicable
- Ensure compliance with regulatory capital requirements and any other regulations relating to finance areas
- Assist with the implementation of new or revised accounting standards or company policies and procedures
- Support implementation of system enhancement/upgrade projects, to ensure UATs are timely performed and issues are properly reported, followed up and resolved
To succeed in the Accountant job, you must have good knowledge of IFRS is required. Additional exposure to US GAAP will be viewed favourably.
- Bachelor and/or graduate degree major in accounting or business-related subjects
- Minimum 4 years working experience, preferably in Big 4 or multinational companies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin is highly desirable to communicate with stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to handle cultural and language considerations
This globally established Fund Management firm is dedicated to deliver strong results and exceptional service to its clients, staffs and business partners. With over 70 years of success globally and 30 years locally in Malaysia, the firm needs no introduction and is well-known in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply now at email@example.com to discuss this further.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125