Senior Manager, Insurance Accounting
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Leon Lim
Date posted 03 August 2018 2018-08-032018-10-02 insurance Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A world-leading life insurance organisation is recruiting a Senior Manager, Insurance Accounting in Kuala Lumpur to join their team. In this Senior Manager, Insurance Accounting job, you will be responsible for oversight of Insurance Accounting operations, provision and delivery of Insurance Accounting related services to the entities in accordance with applicable accounting and regulatory policies.
About the Senior Manager, Insurance Accounting role:
Reporting to the Head of Insurance Accounting, you will also participate in finance projects for delivery and coordination across the group of activities required to ensure robust, controlled and efficient finance processes.
- Provide overall leadership to Insurance Accounting unit in setting up the unit and manage day-to-day operations of Insurance Accounting function in accordance with prescribed accounting policies, standards, regulatory guidelines, operational policies, procedures and service levels, including monitoring, reporting ongoing refinement of deliverables and service level performance to Group and Local Business Units
- Continuously review end-to-end Insurance Accounting systems, process design and manage implementation of recommendations through to completion, including timely and regular updates to Business Process Manuals
- Oversight and participation of project management from developing detailed work and resource plans, delivery to agreed timescales, providing steering committee with information, progress tracking, managing of project issues to ensuring workstream documentation through PMO Tools
- Provide professional input and industry best practice on process transformation, organisational structure change and centralisation in a shared service unit.
To succeed in the Senior Manager, Insurance Accounting role, you must possess dynamic leadership and stakeholder management skills to coordinate well with stakeholders.
- Prior experience in managing process transformation and centralisation as well as system implementation and migrations.
- Have about 15 years of relevant experience or Insurance Accounting experience with a multi-national insurance company or accounting and auditing experience with a big-sized accounting firm specialising in the financial services industry, preferably insurance industry.
- Candidates should have at least 10 years in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
- Experience in a shared services or similar environment, providing investment and Insurance Accounting services to external/internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate should have advanced knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS 9 and 17), including the ability to interpret and apply the standards in practice.
This leading life insurance multinational has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With a reputation for their market position and branding, this is a good place for you to develop mastery skillsets in training and development of staff for new finance processes.
Apply today by emailing me your updated resume at email@example.com or call me to discuss this new opportunity!
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125