Head of Finance
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Joann Teoh
Date posted 31 May 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A reputable bank is looking for a Head of Finance to lead the Finance team in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the bank.
About the Head of Finance role:
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Finance provides the executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities and the impact on the business. In addition, the candidate is required to direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organisation.
- Recommend changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls viz. identify and evaluate areas for improvement of profit with particular regard to cost reductions and methodology.
- Prepare periodic reporting framework, including comparative reports, variance analysis and forecasts of operating results and financial position monitoring the various aspects of the Company's performance within the specified timescales
- Cash flow and treasury management including monitor banking activities of the organisation
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial records and associated systems as well as proper documentation
- Ensure accounting policies comply with the relevant accounting standards and are applied
- Act as the main point of contact to external auditors, company secretary and tax agents to provide all required information and ensure compliance with regards to audited accounts, filing and returns for statutory and tax bodies
To succeed in this role as a Head of Finance, you must have a degree in Accounting
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA MICPA etc)
- Minimum 10 years' in the Audit or Banking Operations or related experience
- Experience in the Banking Industry will be an added advantage
- At least five years in Supervisory Level with sound management reporting knowledge
- Experience in a computerised financial and accounting system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with GAAP as applied to Financials reporting standards
- Ability to lead, direct and manage including working to meet datelines
This organisation was incorporated as a government owned development financial institution through a wholly owned subsidiary of the Minister of Finance Incorporated.
The cultures are demanding but if you’re confident and have a can-do attitude the potential reward are significant.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125