Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Adeline Wong
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting Finance Director role has just become available at one of the foreign banks based in Kuala Lumpur. Leading a team of 7 staff, this is a role for a finance profession who is keen to initiate improvement & project to drive the business further.
About the Finance Director role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for defining the broad business strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside with the regional finance team. You will also take the lead of the finance team to ensure the reliability and the accuracy of the Financial data for both local (local GAAP) and Group (IFRS) needs.
- To manage Financial and Management reporting (including budget/forecast), Measurement and monitoring of business performance, Expenses and Financial controls
- To ensure operational adherence to regulatory compliance, accounting norms (IFRS) and best practices with regards to conventional and Islamic Banking and to ensure superior quality of the regulatory and statutory reporting
- To ensure operational adherence to regulatory compliance, accounting norms and best practices with regards to conventional & Islamic banking
- To keep abreast of regulatory changes for Tax, IAS, Bank Negara Malaysia
- To support Finance projects and manage projects resources, implement accounting policies and procedures for new products or project
The successful candidate must possess 10 to 15 years of working experience and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
Key requirements include:
- Possess professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA with MIA membership. MBA qualification is desirable
- Experience in Financial Services industry is a mandatory
- Excellent communication skills and command of English
- High level of integrity, commitment and a good team player
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to think out of the box
This institution is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions that provide corporate, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. With their strong presence in Asia Pacific, they have large clientele base from large multinationals, local and regional corporations, Financial Institutions and High net worth individuals.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Finance Director role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125