Group Chief Financial Officer, Insurance
Consultant Sammie Sam
Date posted 14 September 2016
An exciting Group Chief Financial Officer, Insurance job has just become available at a leading insurance company to provide an effective and responsive finance service that operates at optimal cost and employs a common and transparent global model.
About the Group Chief Financial Officer, Insurance role:
Reporting to the Group CEO, you will lead the corporate strategy and financial management functions.
- Develop finance organisation strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establish functional objectives in line with organisational objectives
- Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity quality and customer-service strategies, designing systems and accumulating resources
- Develop and analyse operations; identity opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and system enhancement; and accumulate capital to fund expansion
- Maintain an on-going healthy relationship with Bank Negara Malaysia and other regulatory bodies, ensuring that all regulatory compliance requirements and ad-hoc requests are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Undertake the advisory role to business managers on technical accounting, financial, management, compliance and regulatory issues
- Build and maintain a high performance culture through an effective performance management system, continuous engagement and communication as well as coaching of employees
To succeed in this role, you need to be strong with in-depth, hands on strategic finance and insurance business experience.
- A qualified accountant with an undergraduate or post graduate degree and with over 12 years' experience in Finance related field
- Broad knowledge of accounting standards and reporting requirements, regulatory framework set by relevant authorities/agencies in insurance industry
- Exhibit particularly strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills that can be used in motivating, influencing and advising MD and the Board of Directors
- Highly-developed analytical skills in drawing the conclusions around key business management and financial pieces of work and influencing skills to persuade key decision-makers to implement solutions around this
- Maintain a high standard/quality of work and continually seek out continuous improvement
This is an established insurance and Takaful business which offers life and general insurance as well as family and general takaful products through its agents and branches. This business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Group Chief Financial Officer, Insurance job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125