Investigation Audit Director
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 04 October 2016
An exciting Investigation Audit Director role has just arisen at one of the top leading financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Chief Internal Audit, this is a role for an auditor who is a leader in their field.
About the Investigation Audit Director role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for managing forensics and investigation and ensure assignments are carried out promptly in a professional and ethical manner, which covers a varied scope and encompasses all types of fraud/defalcation/irregularities, allegations of impropriety and operational lapses occurring within the Banking Group.
- Provide an independent and objective assurance that the Bank's risk management, internal controls and corporate governance mechanisms are intact and operating effectively while also preparing reports on findings to senior management, audit committee and relevant stakeholders
- Interface with various levels of internal and external stakeholders while ensuring investigations are undertaken promptly and professionally to establish the quantum of the loss (if any) whether the issue was an isolated incident or systemic and staff involved
- Identify (clearly define), forensic issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes and ensure that corrective action plans are developed while also to promote zero tolerance control environment where fraud or non-compliance is unacceptable and difficult to conceal
- Identify and examine key risks affecting the Bank's operations, evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls, communicate findings to relevant stakeholders, review forensic audit work papers and reports and ensure prompt preparation/submission of monthly reports on fraud/defalcation to audit committee and management
- Liaise with external parties, i.e. BNM, legal firms, uniform authority for information/documents/legal opinion relevant to investigated cases while also attend industrial/civil court or Bank's domestic disciplinary inquiry hearings as the Bank's witness
To succeed in the Investigation Audit Director role, you will need to have strong leadership and analytical skills while being able to work independently and in a team-driven environment with excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Possess a degree in Accounting or relevant professional qualification/certification i.e. ACCA, CIA, CFE, et with at least 10 years of auditing experience in related field and at least 3 years' managerial experience and at least 5 years' investigation experience
- Strong investigation and forensics backgrounds i.e. overall review and analysis process on the transaction behaviour with high frequency and big amount or combination of both
- Preferably with public accounting experience dealing with ambiguity and complex transactions while also the initiative to keep abreast with and report new laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and standards
- Possess high energy levels and strong work ethics with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations
- this position is only open to Malaysian passport holders
This top leading financial institution requires no introduction and is well-recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. With great clients and known for its corporate environment, it has won multiple external awards. Having said that the culture is demanding but if you are confident and carry the positive attitude the potential rewards are significant. The institution is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in developing your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Investigation Audit Director role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125