Salary Excellent Package
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant FlorieMae Salazar
Date posted 30 August 20192019-08-30 2019-10-29 financial-services kuala lumpur MY MYR 240000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Network Architect job has just become available at one of the leading global financial services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Network Architect Role:
In this role, you will provide deep technical expertise and be responsible for the planning, design, implementation, operations and on-going maintenance of the new Data Centre and Campus networks.
- Overall lead in a cross-functional team (consisting of network, storage, compute, security) which will be leading the planning, design, implementation, operations of the future state architecture (FSA)
- Future state architecture will cover the following: product selection of routers/switches/firewalls/intrusion prevention systems, physical and logical placement of network/ security elements, IP address planning, network segmentation for the various environments (Dev, UAT, Prod), structuring the monitoring/management/backup planes and WAN circuit rationalisation
- Keep abreast of emerging network technologies which may be appropriate for adoption, to supplement the company's agility and provide the foundation to execute organisational goals in an expedited manner
- Coordinate and plan work packages for technical network operations and project execution for team members within the department/information services division
- Act as the technical lead for the design, installation, operation, service and maintenance of any BAU network solutions and implementation (across various layers)
- Lead network integration with external entities to ensure a successful implementation, when necessary
- Participate in computer emergency response team in response to security incidents such as denial of service attacks, malware infestations and internal fraud attempts
To succeed in this role, you will need to have 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a high-pressured systems integrator environment.
- Expert-level knowledge across the Cisco R&S portfolio: Catalyst, Nexus 9K, ACI, ISR, ASR
- Expert-level knowledge for integrating third party security elements: FWs, IPS, WAF, load balancers
- Extremely experienced in architecting and designing a resilient, highly available and low latency infrastructure from ground zero, which is capable of transacting millions of financial transactions
- Extensive implementation experience with: HSRP, VLAN, 802.1Q, 802.1x, 802.11, STP, VTP, CDP, OSPF, BGP, BFD, IP-SLA, DNS, NSR, NSF, IPSEC, ARP, MAC, MPLS, VRF, VRF-Lite, NAT, OTV, VDC, ECMP, asymmetric routing, best path selection, stateful firewalling and graceful recovery
- Implementation experience with cloud offerings from AWS/GCP/CloudFlare/Akamai such as Route53, ELB, DirectConnect is an advantage
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record in a leadership role, you can take your career forward with this exciting Network Architect role.
Apply now to learn more.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C