Finance Change Delivery (VP/AVP)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Katrina Lim
Job Ref RMJX18-333F7F38
Date posted 26 May 2023kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/corporate-consumer-banking 2023-05-26 2023-07-25 banking Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Finance Change Delivery (VP/AVP) job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Finance Change Delivery (VP/AVP) Role:
Finance has mobilised an innovative change programme to transform the Finance operating model by leveraging cloud technology. Finance Cloud Transformation (FotC) will rationalise operational processes, automate data and report production, to deliver comprehensive data to our internal and external stakeholders for analysis and reporting. The programme will entail migration of core Finance data and processes to the cloud, with an initial phase to implement a standard global operating process for Finance actuals report production, followed closely by forecast data and report production. The vision for the Finance on the Cloud Programme is to deliver standardised global processes that leverage a single dataset for reporting, analysis and forecasting. Key programme outcomes are to deliver a singular automated data production processing capability for actuals and forecasting, correction of data once for all downstream calculations, reports and outputs, introducing automated preventative and detective controls, significantly reduce manual activity in the run-time actuals process to allow the production of all actuals outputs by five work days for a monthly process.
- Work with business customers/stakeholders, delivery teams and other impacted parties to ensure that in-scope issues are investigated, understood, a route to resolution identified and prioritised
- Develop and maintain plans for resolution of each in-scope item – including identification of resources and management of them. In most cases, the plans for all items will need to run concurrently
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on progress to plan, building confidence in delivery
- Raise risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions
- Engage Business leads and Service Delivery teams to provide clear direction on activities
- Support the review of documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training materials and communications if required
- Ensure outputs and deliverables are to the required quality to support a robust assurance review
- Manage delivery to agreed milestones
To succeed in this Finance Change Delivery (VP/AVP) job, you will need to have the ability to work
effectively and co-operatively with business customers/stakeholders, delivery teams and other impacted parties, across borders and internal matrix.
- Strong project management skills; MS Project
- Preferably a relevant project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, PMP, Agile
- Good track record of managing projects, in a complex environment, ideally in a large organisation spanning many countries and jurisdictions with multiple delivery partners
- Experience delivering with other large scale finance change and technology based projects.
- Experience conducting workshops
- Experience building relationships with a variety of stakeholders including technology/technical
- Experience supporting the development of business-facing material
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills to all levels
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Ability to analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative approach to problem solving and outcome-focused approach
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work with a diverse and geographically dispersed business teams
- A highly motivated and proactive self-starter with a positive attitude
- Flexible worker who demonstrates adaptability
- Keeping calm under pressure is a must
- Ability to communicate at all levels and across countries/regions/cultures is essential
- Ability and willingness to get involved in the analysis activities and documentation
- Finance background specifically in ledgers, financial reporting, regulatory reporting or business finance is advantageous
This international banking firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Finance Change Delivery (VP/AVP) job.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 June 2023An exciting Project Leader, Group Strategy job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 May 2023A rapidly expanding financial institution is seeking an experienced candidate for a Project Manager/Transformation job. This job is for someone who has experience within the financial services industry and is able to converse in Chinese. In this job, you will manage bank-wide projects.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 May 2023An exciting Head of Digital Strategy job has just become available at one of the most respected banking firms based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Chief Strategy Officer, this is a role for a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 May 2023A successful and growing financial institution, one of the well-known financial groups is looking for a high-calibre Head of Equity Capital Markets. In this job, you will be based in the head office in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2023An exciting Project Manager, Strategy Initiation job has just become available at a respected bank based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Project Director, this is a role for an individual who is a leader in their field.