Chief of Retail & Business Banking
Salary MYR55,000 - MYR65,000 per month + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Raja Ahmad Muzamir
Job Ref 1836410/001
Date posted 12 August 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/corporate-consumer-banking 2022-08-12 2022-10-11 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 55000 65000 65000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A reputable financial services provider has an exciting expansion plan and has created a new unique role, Chief of Retail & Business Banking. This job is ideal for an existing banker with proven senior management capabilities in either consumer or commercial banking.
About the Chief of Retail & Business Banking Role:
As the Chief of Retail & Business Banking, you will be responsible for all matters affecting the operations, performance, and strategy of the retail and commercial banking businesses in accordance with the mission and vision of the bank.
- Partner with the CEO and make high-level decisions when it comes to plans, policies and long-terms goals for the retail and commercial banking businesses of the bank
- Develop business opportunities by establishing strategies and plans to promote the bank’s products and solutions. At the same time, build retail and commercial banking relationships to increase the bank’s client base
- Assess existing bank’s products and solutions and to recommend enhancements which are mainly retail and SME centric
- Provide inspired leadership to direct reports and foster individual and team development
- Oversee the management of the bank’s relationship with internal and external stakeholders, branches, and sales channels in delivering business targets
- Represent the bank as required, attend community engagements, functions and industry events
- Ensure compliance with all requirements in accordance with overall governance framework, procedures, and laws
To succeed in this Chief of Retail & Business Banking role, you must possess past experience in a leadership capacity with a bank. Also, due to the strict requirements from our client, this role is only open to Malaysians.
- Degree holder (preferably in banking, finance, economics, accountancy) or its equivalent
- At least 20 years’ experience in either consumer or commercial banking industry, with a proven track record in leading a successful team
- Client-focused, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Impactful and influence and relevant networks in the industry
- High-level stakeholder management skills, able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels such as regulators, ministry bodies and authorities
- Understanding of banking operations and understanding of Malaysian regulatory/compliance requirements
This financial services outfit is a well-recognised name in Malaysia, they offer an excellent opportunity to enhance your career especially if you are passionate in retail or commercial banking.
The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards in this Chief of Retail & Business Banking role are significant.
Apply today/send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 September 2022A well-known asset management company with a very strong presence in Malaysia and significant growth prospects is presenting an opportunity for the position of a Deputy Chief Investment Officer to lead the fund management team and provide strategic investment directions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 September 2022A CEO, Private Trust job has become available at a well-known banking group with a very strong presence in Malaysia. With significant growth, an excellent leadership opportunity has arisen for CEO, Private Trust to lead the business, based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 September 2022An interesting opportunity has surfaced for a VP, Islamic Wealth Management job at one of the local banks headquartered in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 September 2022A well-known bank is seeking a highly-qualified Head of Market Risk. This is a role for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the risk management department in the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 August 2022A well-known asset management company with a very strong presence in Malaysia and significant growth prospects is presenting an opportunity for the position of Deputy Chief Investment Officer to lead the fund management team and provide strategic investment directions.