Head of Communications, CFS
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Aliah Alhabshi
Job Ref 1812280/001
Date posted 08 June 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/corporate-consumer-banking 2022-06-16 2022-08-07 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Head of Communications, CFS job at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.
About the Head of Communications, CFS Role:
Reporting to the CEO, you will assist in strategising and providing overall communications direction for CFS and ensuring execution of media related initiatives and programmes for all businesses within CFS (mostly in Malaysia but sometimes within the region) to ensure positive company profiling and strong publicity to promote CFS’ product and services.
- Pitching stories and interviews to media to ensure wide and relevant coverage to help promote CFS’ products and services
- Leveraging alternative communication channels such as social media, website and native mobile apps to amplify coverage and drive communications with customers particularly during crisis
- Strategising, developing content and drafting communications material including press release, spokesperson’s talking points for interviews and press conference, speeches, articles
- Developing and enhancing relationship with the local media including traditional, online and lifestyle media as well as tech blogs by developing and executing media engagement plans
- Planning and coordinating press conferences, media interviews, product launch and media briefings
- Undertaking issue and crisis management to ensure the company’s reputation is protected
- Drafting internal communications for GCEO CFS office, including festive messages to employees
To succeed in this Head of Communications, CFS role, you must be a strategic communicator with experience in public relations, media relations, issue, and crisis communications. Having strong media contacts is extremely vital.
- Degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Managerial/HOD experience in an MNC/large corporation in corporate communications, PR, media, public affairs or similar in the financial industry. Banking background is preferred
- A strong leader with the ability to positively motivate the team. Ability to ensure the team’s work efficiency by setting clear and transparent roles and responsibilities, and lead by example with high work standards
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work and build respectful relationships with colleagues/stakeholders of all levels
- Strong command of the English language and competent command of the Bahasa Malaysia language. Ability to read/write in Chinese is an added advantage
- Successful track record in planning and executing media and PR plans, and managing crises
- Ability to work outside of working hours at times, especially during a crisis. Ability to adjust rapidly to new situations and adapt to change
This financial institution is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise, and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive marketer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with organisation.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 June 2022A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified Head, Risk Management. This job is for a driven professional who is looking to make a lasting impact to the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 June 2022A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified Head, Risk Management. This job is for a driven professional who is looking to make a lasting impact to the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 03 June 2022A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified Head, Risk Management. This job is for a driven professional who is looking to make a lasting impact to the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 June 2022A rapidly expanding financial institution is seeking a talented Associate Director, Measurement and Performance in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In this job, you will lead a team responsible for monthly data collection and analysis for management and client KPI reporting deliverables.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 June 2022