Senior UX Researcher
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Aliah Alhabshi
Job Ref 1793710/001
Date posted 13 May 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/corporate-consumer-banking 2022-05-13 2022-07-12 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A relatively new Senior UX Researcher job has just become available at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Senior UX Researcher Role:
Reporting to the UX Manager, you will be systematically studying target users to collect and analyse data that will help inform the product design process. You will design a research strategy that will empower the team to answer questions in a data-driven way. You become an advocate for the users, giving them a voice in the product development process.
- Working closely with product teams to identify research initiatives
- Designing hypotheses and leading studies that examine both user behaviours and attitudes
- Generating actionable insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate design/product experiences
- Conducting research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (usability testing, user interview, etc.) and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Communicating results and illustrating suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Acting as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who could use the products
- Working closely with cross-functional partners (product management, UI/UX, data science, analytics, business, marketing, engineering, etc.) to identify and prioritise knowledge gaps in understanding of the user experience and design research that uniquely contributes to solving for those knowledge gaps
To succeed in this Senior UX Researcher role, you must develop these sets of skills to effectively gain insights into current and prospective users (i.e. empathy, design thinking, curiosity, problem solving and collaboration). Ultimately, it is important to be adept at reading people and empathising with the user, and equally at home handling data and analytics.
- Five or more years’ experience in product research or consultancy
- Experience with user experience (UX) teams
- Ability to create a research plan including logical formulation of a research hypothesis
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, product and user experience related questions
- Experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative methods including but not limited to surveys, interviews, contextual inquiry, concept testing, and diary studies
- Ability to produce archetypes/user persona, user journeys, service blueprints, etc., and provide necessary recommendations based on finding insights
- Ability to handle complex information and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of qualitative and quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Strong understanding of the design thinking/human-centred design process
- Ability to identify shopping behaviour characteristics (buyers and sellers) within a given geographical area
- Ability to communicate research results to cross-functional stakeholders with data storytelling, presentation slides, and storytelling
This financial institution is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise, and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are keen to forge a career in UX research, this Senior UX Researcher role is an excellent opportunity to work with the organisation.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
*Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 June 2022A relatively new Senior UX Researcher job has just become available at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 June 2022An attractive Marketing Manager job has become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 June 2022An attractive Manager, Communications job at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 June 2022An exciting Manager, Performance Analyst job has just become available at a respected global financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager in Hong Kong, this is a role for a data-driven individual with Power BI, Bloomberg and Eagle knowledge.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 May 2022An attractive AVP, Group Communications job in a prestigious financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.