AVP, Group Communications
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Aliah Alhabshi
Job Ref 1802460/001
Date posted 11 May 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/corporate-consumer-banking 2022-05-13 2022-07-10 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive AVP, Group Communications job in a prestigious financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.
About the AVP, Group Communications Role:
Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will be planning, implementing and evaluating approved corporate communication strategies, framework, campaigns, programmes (internal and external) in line with the group’s business strategies and brand values.
- Assisting with media management as well as managing and driving all media initiatives to ensure that the group is profiled positively in the media
- Planning, organising and managing media-related events such as product launches, signing ceremonies, press conferences, media briefings, etc.
- Evaluating publicity opportunities and assisting in developing critical messages for media opportunities, e.g. media interviews, media briefings, media enquiries, etc.
- Developing communication materials such as news releases, fact sheets, Q&A briefing documents, spokesperson speeches, etc.
- Monitoring media coverage on the Group to measure media effectiveness and for competitive PR analysis
- Developing, editing, managing and publishing the Group’s quarterly financial results announcement and updating all relevant materials (for example: corporate fact sheet) across all different channels (for example: website, social, third-party channels) for internal and external audience
- Assisting to consolidate, develop, edit and manage the development and publication of Annual Report
- Developing, implementing and managing PR/Media events to support corporate and business strategies and brand values according to agreed timeline, within budget and quality standards
- Managing and implementing cost-effective internal events/relations, and ensuring that it does not exceed the budget given
- Assisting in developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive issues management and/or crisis communication plan, including spokesperson training, media backgrounder, holding statements, etc. to ensure key message consistency
- Sourcing and/or evaluating thought-leadership platform opportunities for the appointed spokesperson(s)
- Assisting to edit materials for thought-leadership platform opportunities, e.g. presentation deck, speeches, editorial articles, etc.
- Ensuring group-wide adherence to brand compliance, e.g. consistency of brand vision and attributes, key message, positioning, tone and manner across all forms of communication materials via publication and communication sign-off sheet
- Managing performance of all appointed agencies, suppliers and/or vendors to ensure that communication programmes/activities/campaigns are implemented to desired goals and following brand guidelines. Managing the premium/corporate gifts and/or corporate merchandise for group communications
To succeed in this AVP, Group Communications role, you must have solid writing skills. You must be savvy enough to take dry content like company policies and turning it into information that stakeholders/audiences actually want to read.
- Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Human Resource, or its equivalent
- At least six years of related professional experience in communications, specifically in change management/internal communications, brand building, and corporate responsibility
- Knowledge of communications-related work including development of publications such as newsletters, intranet, staff bulletins, and content development (writing)
- Knowledge of using traditional and rich media formats to deliver key messages that lead to high adoption rate
- Excellent people and project management skills, with strong ability to multitask, plan and organise teams
- Strong command of the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of the Malay and Mandarin languages (written and spoken) is an advantage
- Self-motivated, and able to think creatively to initiate innovative internal communication engagement
This financial institution is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise, and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are a talented and focused strategic communications professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this AVP, Group Communications role is for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 June 2022An attractive Marketing Manager job has become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 June 2022An attractive Manager, Communications job at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 June 2022An exciting Manager, Performance Analyst job has just become available at a respected global financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager in Hong Kong, this is a role for a data-driven individual with Power BI, Bloomberg and Eagle knowledge.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 June 2022A relatively new Senior UX Researcher job has just become available at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 May 2022A well-known foreign entity is seeking a highly qualified AVP, Regulatory Compliance. This job is for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.