Windows Engineer (VMWare)
Salary Excellent Package
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant FlorieMae Salazar
Date posted 11 October 20192019-10-11 2019-12-10 banking kuala lumpur MY MYR 120000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Windows Engineer (VMWare) job opportunity has just become available at one of the biggest banking organisations in Malaysia.
About the VMWare/Windows Engineer Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for the planning, organisation, management and operation of the group’s VMware infrastructure and Windows systems.
- Level 2 and 3 problem resolution
- 24x7 availability to attend to critical system issues
- Under minimal supervision partner with other teams to plan, coordinate, design, configure, install and maintain Intel-based systems
- Evaluate and recommend new hardware and software products
- Review, maintain and monitor system reliability and performance
- Install and configure new server hardware and operations system
- Review hardware selection and configuration proposal
- Perform patching and updates on server OS and hardware
- Review and enforce security and server policy
- Manage problem log, RCA, problem management log
- Act as technical project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration
- Work with vendors and partners to insure hardware and software are delivered/configured according to specification
To succeed in this role, you must have 5 - 10 years of work experience in a 24x7 IT environment supporting Windows.
- Expert technical knowledge in VMware technologies (i.e. vCenter, vSphere, vMotion, Storage vMotion, VMware High Availability, DRS, Fault Tolerance, Network/Storage IO Control, Distributed vSwitch, Update Manager, SRM, vStorage, vCops, VAAI and VADP)
- Windows Server OS Maintenance (OS clean up , Windows Updates and Patches)
- Extensive hands-on and working experience with Microsoft Always ON clusters
- Operation system installation and configuration, VA SCAN and TRIP Wire, PEN Test Remediation’s
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (User Creation, GPO settings, DNS)
- Operation system performance analysis and provide recommendations on (CPU, Memory, Disk)
- Operation system security controls
- Knowledge of network concepts (DNS, DHCP, Routing, IP, Load balancing, VLAN)
- Basic network troubleshooting skills (IP Settings, Route Table, Network Package Capture)
- Must be proficient in vCenter server configuration, deployment, maintenance and support
- Virtualisation hands-on knowledge on Esxi Hosts, VROPs, Syslog Server, NSX Server, VRA/VRO-Operations Knowledge, Update Manager handling
This leading bank needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record within technology function of banking, you can take your career forward with this Windows Engineer (VMWare) role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C