Database Administrator (Oracle)
Salary Excellent Package
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant FlorieMae Salazar
Date posted 30 September 20192019-09-30 2019-11-29 banking kuala lumpur MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Database Administrator (Oracle) job has just become available at one of the leading global financial services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Database Administrator (Oracle) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for responsible for the planning, organisation, management, implementation and operation of the group’s database services.
- Liaise with relevant IT teams to ensure that the system is restored in the shortest time possible and thereafter to diagnose the problem and institute corrective measures
- Provide technical consultation services to IT teams with regards to design, architecture and operations of new/existing database systems
- Manage the formulation and implementation strategies/plans of the database system while ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of the systems/infrastructure
- Evaluate, recommend, research and development of database software technology, standards, upgrade paths and technology improvement plans
To succeed in this role, you will need to have extensive experience in database support services and must have minimum of eight years of work experience.
- Graduate IT degree with a minimum of eight years' work experience in providing 24x7 database support services
- At least six years of extensive hands-on experience in Oracle, DB2 (LUW), MS SQL or Sybase RDMS
- Professional certifications on Oracle (OCP), DB2, Adaptive Server Enterprise Administrator, Microsoft SQL or MySQL is an added advantage
- Solid understanding and working experience of ETL, database design and data warehousing preferred
- Other experience include: PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Big Data, NoSQL, Database Consolidation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the database programming environment, including optimisation, tuning, high availability DB configuration (e.g. cluster, log shipping), application interfaces, client/server architecture, secure coding practices
This leading bank needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are confident that you have extensive experience on providing database support services in a 24/7 environment, this Database Administrator (Oracle) will be an exciting role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C