Chief Engineer (Systems and Storage)
Salary Excellent Package
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant FlorieMae Salazar
Date posted 30 August 20192019-08-30 2019-10-29 financial-services kuala lumpur MY MYR 240000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Chief Engineer (Systems and Storage) job has just become available at one of the leading global financial services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Chief Engineer (Systems and Storage) Role:
In this role, you will provide deep technical expertise and be tasked with the overall responsibility for the planning, design, implementation, operations and ongoing maintenance of the new Data Centre and Campus covering the on-premise virtualisation platform, compute, fibre-channel based storage, enterprise backup and the consumption of ancillary cloud services. Additionally, you will be required to be a mentor to other team members.
- Key participant in a cross-functional team (consisting of network, storage, compute, security) which will lead the planning, design, implementation and operations of the company's future state architecture (FSA)
- Future state architecture will cover the following: product selection of compute, fibre-channel storage arrays, enterprise backup appliances, physical and logical placement of systems elements, design and implementation of ancillary tools and services such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform, Vagrant, Postgres + Corosync, Postfix, DHCP, DNS, NTP, Grafana and syslog collectors, among others
- Keep abreast of emerging systems technology which may be appropriate for adoption which would supplement the company's agility and provide the foundation to execute organisational goals in an expedited manner
- Overall lead for the detailed planning and execution of the multi-year phased services migration
- Coordinate and plan work packages for technical systems operations and project execution for team members within the department/information services division
- Act as the technical escalation lead for the design, installation, operations, service and maintenance of any BAU systems solution and implementation (across various layers)
- Lead systems integration with external entities to ensure a successful implementation, when necessary.
To succeed in this role, you must have a proven record of management and have a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a high pressured system integrator environment.
- Expert-level knowledge across RedHat Linux and Windows Server OS platforms
- Extremely experienced architecting and designing a resilient, highly available and low latency infrastructure from ground zero, on a VMware (ESXI) or RedHat Virtualisation (RHV) platform
- Must be adept at programming in at least one language: Python, Ruby, Perl or advanced shell scripting
- Extensive implementation experience with: active directory, SMTP, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, the open source software ecosystem covering Jenkins, Spinnaker, Vagrant, Apache, Squid, Tomcat, Nginx, HA-Proxy, Postfix, Oracle Web Logic, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana and JBoss, among others
- Experience in performing systems automation using Ansible (preferable)/Chef/Puppet and Jenkins to drive any of the following: system deployment, operating system hardening, software management or patch deployment in a continuous integration and continuous deployment fashion
- Experience in performing systems-based performance bottleneck analysis and remediation: vmstat, iostat, lsof, sar, collectl and sysblock
- Extensive implementation experience with cloud offerings from AWS, Azure or GCP such as EC2, ECS, S3, Route53, ELB, Stackdriver, RunScope, PagerDuty, DBaaS is mandatory
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you like building something from scratch and you feel like you have what it takes for this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C