DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR300,000 per annum + Excellent Package
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant FlorieMae Salazar
Date posted 30 August 20192019-08-30 2019-10-29 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 300000 300000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting DevOps Engineer (AWS) job has just become available at one of the leading global financial services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.
About DevOps Engineer (AWS) Role:
In this role, you will provide deep technical expertise and be responsible for the co-planning, co-design, implementation, operations and ongoing maintenance of the new Data Centre and Campus. This covers the on-premise virtualisation platform, compute, fibre channel based storage, enterprise backup and the consumption of ancillary Cloud services.
- Key participant in a cross-functional team (consisting of network, storage, compute, security) which will be leading the planning, design, implementation and operations of the future state architecture (FSA)
- Future state architecture will cover the following: product selection of compute, fibre-channel storage arrays, enterprise backup appliances, physical and logical placement of systems elements, design and implementation of ancillary tools and services such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform, Vagrant, Postgres + Corosync, Postfix, DHCP, DNS, NTP, Grafana and syslog collectors, among others
- Keep abreast of emerging systems technology which may be appropriate for adoption which would supplement the company's agility and provide the foundation to execute organisational goals in an expedited manner
- Act as the deployment lead for the design, installation, operation, service and maintenance of any BAU systems solution and implementation (across various layers)
- Lead systems integration with external entities to ensure a successful implementation, when necessary
- Build and enhance the systems monitoring capability: capacity, response and service degradation
To succeed in this role, you will need to have extensive experience in implementing on AWS offerings from AWS.
- Advanced level knowledge across RedHat Linux and Windows Server OS platforms.
- Experience architecting and designing a resilient, highly available and low latency infrastructure from ground zero, on a VMware (ESXI) or RedHat Virtualisation (RHV) platform.
- Must be adept at programming in at least one language: Python, Ruby, Perl or advanced shell scripting. Mandatory experience performing systems automation using Ansible (preferable)/Chef/Puppet to drive any of the following: system deployment, operating system hardening, software management or patch deployment in a continuous integration and continuous deployment fashion.
- Implementation experience with: active directory, SMTP, LDAP, DHCP, HTTPS, DNS, the open source software ecosystem covering Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform, Vagrant, Grafana, Apache, Squid, Tomcat, Nginx, HA-Proxy, Postfix, Oracle Web Logic, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana and JBoss, among others
- Experience in performing systems-based performance bottleneck analysis and remediation: vmstat, iostat, lsof, sar, collectl and sysblock.
- Implementation experience with cloud offerings from AWS and GCP such as EC2, S3, Route53, ELB, DBaaS is an advantage
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes for this role, send your CV to email@example.com.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C