Head of Balance Sheet Management
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Joann Teoh
Date posted 31 May 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head of Balance Sheet Management role has just become available at a top tier foreign bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This role is for a talent who is keen on a challenging, yet rewarding environment.
About the Head of Balance Sheet Management role:
As the Head of Balance Sheet Management, you will be Responsible for managing and ensuring the effective running of Country Alco and optimising the structural liquidity and capital positions of the group and its Islamic entity at all times and will be required to closely monitor and scrutinise the Banks’ capital and liquidity positions through the robust review of the Balance Sheet movements in relation to the business strategies & operations.
- Effective management of the capital positions of the group and the Islamic arm to ensure adequate and efficient capital to support the business strategies and asset growth objectives
- Regular review of the capital positions to identify opportunities in optimising the capital mix via capital restructuring exercise. Recommend to Alco the most efficient types of capital instrument to be issued in order to achieve minimum funding cost and maximum returns on capital.
- Drive and undertake capital issuance process in liaison with the Regulators and other Government Authorities and mobilising the relevant stakeholder locally and Group to ensure completion by the target timelines.
- Kept abreast of changing global/local economic and financial market developments and analyse their impacts on the banks. Recommend a robust and forward looking capital plans to Alco for deliberation and decision where appropriate
- Championing the implementation of Group initiatives of Building Balance Sheet Momentum Roadmap in driving optimum liquidity position.
- Drive implementation of changes in Regulations relating to Capital and Structural Liquidity management of the Bank.
- Minimum qualification should be a Bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree, Finance / Accountancy /Banking or equivalent.
- Able to work independently without much supervision as well as a strong team player.
- Sound knowledge of BSM
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Strong inter-personal skills, which encourages and promotes enthusiasm and team spirit.
- Strong commitment to meeting tight deadlines and overcoming challenges.
- Prepare to take on other roles and responsibilities when required.
This established foreign bank needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the top three leaders in its field of expertise in the corporate and global markets portfolio. The bank has a very strong work culture that promotes internal mobility. If you are confident and have the can-do attitude without fear of being hands on, the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Portfolio Manager, Retail Banking role.
Apply today or reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125