Head of Financial Analysis & Control
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Joann Teoh
Date posted 02 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head of Financial Analysis & Control position has become available at one of the top Islamic, International Banks in the world. This company, based in Kuala Lumpur, is searching for a talent who is keen on career advancement in the financial services industry.
About the Head of Financial Analysis & Control role:
Reporting to the CFO, the candidate would have to lead and direct financial accounting, financial reporting and regulatory reporting functions of the bank in order to provide appropriate guidance for compliance with group accounting policies, international financial accounting and reporting standards as well as local regulatory guidelines. The Head would also be advising the CFO through financial analysis to identify potential key enterprise financial risks.
- To conduct regular financial analysis to detect and identify potential enterprise financial risks and alerts
- To support the CFO to assess the financial implications of initiatives and proposals
- Contribute and provide inputs to the development of the Financial Reporting strategy in line with the overall business objectives of the bank
- Ensure cascading of the Financial Reporting strategy into the Finance strategy by effectively translating it into business / action plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing strategies
- Prepare and recommend the Function’s budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon
- Identify and analyse potential and emerging enterprise financial risks in relations to regulatory & supervisory changes and development
- To support the CFO to analyse financial variances and budgetary controls of the Bank and Group
To succeed in this role as a Head of Financial Analysis & Control, you must be well verse with the Banking regulations/ laws
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with a relevant professional accounting qualification
- 10 years' relevant experience in the financial sector including at least at least five years' in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the finance function
- Knowledge of international financial and accounting standards and protocols
- Knowledge of local and international regulatory guidelines with respect to financial accounting and reporting
- Regulatory and compliance knowledge such as relevant local and international laws and regulations like AML, Basel II norms, BNM Guidelines
This international bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The firm’s product offerings are well diversified and remain attractive despite having to be in the market for a very long time. Its stellar performance has the firm poised for more growth moving forward. The company has earned global recognition, having received numerous prestigious local and international awards. The accolades attest the financial strength, quality of assets and the efficiency and professionalism of its employees.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Head of Financial Analysis & Control role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125