Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1914520/001
Date posted 16 March 2023kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/compliance 2023-03-21 2023-05-15 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Governance Lead job has just become available in an industry-leading professional services firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a governance professional who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the professional services industry.
About the Governance Lead Role:
In this business critical role, you will serve as the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance officer and perform AML/Counter Financing of Terrorism (CFT) responsibilities effectively.
- Working with centralised functions and local leadership
- Providing guidance and advice to leaders regarding local and emerging compliance risks
- Developing and continuously enhancing the function, policies and/or processes including identifying and remediating gaps and supporting centralised initiatives and addressing local regulatory requirements
- Promoting awareness of governance by developing and issuing communications and conducting in-person training (e.g., onboarding training)
- Receiving and acting on reported concerns of possible policy violations, including conducting prompt, objective and effective internal investigations
- Conducting risk assessments, ongoing monitoring and testing
- Monitoring and escalating local regulatory changes and industry-leading practices which may impact the firm’s policies, processes, and controls
- Modelling and championing the firm’s values and robust ethical culture through leading by example
- Building relationships with key stakeholders and teams, and actively collaborating to share best practices, lessons learned and subject matter knowledge to increase awareness and understanding
- Leading and/or participating in calls with points of contact in different time zones, requiring meetings outside standard business hours
To succeed in this Governance Lead role, you will need to act as the reference point for AML/Countering Financing of Terrirism (CFT) matters within the firm.
- 10 years of work experience in ethics, compliance, governance, risk management, audit, and/or law is strongly preferred
- Relevant Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Countering Financing of Terrorism (CFT) certifications or professional qualifications is preferred
- Prior international experience is desirable
- Knowledge and application of both Malaysia and US laws that govern international business
- Investigations management, especially providing prompt, confidential and objective responses to questions, issues, and/or concerns with unquestioned integrity, impartiality, and sensitivity
- Experience in one or more of the significant areas of ethics and compliance risk, including anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, anti-trust, insider trading, privacy/information protection, conflicts of interest, independence, harassment, discrimination, and whistleblowing
- Development, design or re-design of policies and guidance, as needed, through developed subject-matter knowledge and/or leveraging knowledge of other subject matter specialists, as needed
- A global mindset and cultural dexterity in the workplace to manage through every day, ad hoc, and at-need issues management and/or escalations
- Necessary knowledge and expertise to effectively discharge their roles and responsibilities, including staying updated on the latest developments in ML/TF techniques and the AML/CFT measures undertaken by the industry
This organisation is an exciting addition to the professional services industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Governance Lead job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7029
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 March 2023A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified VP, Carbon Market Expert. This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 March 2023An attractive Operations Engineer (Project Manager) job with managerial opportunities in a prestigious bank based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 March 2023An exciting Wealth Wealth Management, OTC Derivatives job has just become available at a respected global law firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is experienced in wealth operations or securities and would like to grow in their area of expertise.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 March 2023A rapidly expanding financial institution is seeking an experienced Project Manager/Business Analyst, WPB. This job is for someone who has experience within the financial services industry and is able to converse in Chinese. In this job, you will be managing bank-wide projects.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 March 2023An exciting Senior Corporate Banking Relationship Manager job based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available at an established foreign financial institution.