Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1908830/001
Date posted 28 February 2023kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/compliance 2023-02-28 2023-04-29 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A multinational bank based in Kuala Lumpur is seeking a highly qualified candidate for a Manager, Compliance job. This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make a lasting impact on the organisation.
About the Manager, Compliance Role:
In this business critical role, you will be assisting the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in overseeing anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) and sanctions compliance function.
- Conduct gap analysis, develop and revise internal AML/CFT and sanctions framework, policies, procedures and manual and oversee, monitor and implement necessary controls, including remedial measures until satisfactory closure of issues, in accordance with regulatory and Parent Bank's requirements
- Develop materials and provide advisory, guidance and training on AML/CFT and sanctions related regulatory requirements, including latest development, as well as promote AML/CFT and sanctions compliance knowledge and culture within the bank
- Prepare regular reports and escalation of AML/CFT and sanctions risk issues to senior management, Parent Bank, board of directors, regulators and authorities in accordance with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Review and risk assess CDD profiles of customers, including review documentation, conduct independent verification, determination on customer's risk profile based on relationship manager's (RM) assessment, conduct quality checking on CDD conducted by RM and provide necessary feedback
- Provide advisory and input to correspondent banking relationship related queries and assessments
- Coordinate and liaise with regulators, Parent Bank audit, regional compliance, internal audit, external consultant, etc. on AML/CFT related inspection, audit and compliance review requests
- Carry out AML/CFT and sanctions programme enhancement initiatives/projects
- Carry out any assignment given by CCO and management
To succeed in the Manager, Compliance job, you will need to carry out AML/CFT, sanctions and proliferation risk assessments, including analysis of results and preparation of reports.
- Seven years' prior experience in financial crime compliance and related areas
- Bachelor’s/university degree from recognised university or equivalent experience on compliance related disciplines
- Recognised certification in AML/CFT, such as ICA, ACAMS
- Strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking, including ability to interpret regulations and assess risks arising from banking operations against the relevant regulatory requirements
This organisation is an exciting addition to the financial services industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager, Compliance job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7029
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 March 2023A rapidly expanding financial institution is seeking an experienced Project Manager/Business Analyst, WPB. This job is for someone who has experience within the financial services industry and is able to converse in Chinese. In this job, you will be managing bank-wide projects.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 March 2023An attractive Operations Engineer (Project Manager) job with managerial opportunities in a prestigious bank based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 March 2023An exciting Senior Corporate Banking Relationship Manager job based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available at an established foreign financial institution.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 February 2023As a result of ongoing and continued successes within this international bank, they are seeking an Operations Engineer (Project Manager). In this job, you will join their Malaysian office based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 February 2023A rapidly expanding financial institution is looking for an experienced candidate for a Project Manager/Business Analyst, WPB job. This role is for someone who has experience within the financial services industry and is able to converse in Chinese. In this job, you will be managing bank wide projects.