Manager, Compliance (Regulatory Compliance)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1897520/001
Date posted 30 January 2023kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/compliance 2023-02-16 2023-03-31 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Manager, Compliance (Regulatory Compliance) job has just become available at a renowned payment solutions company based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the financial services industry.
About the Manager, Compliance (Regulatory Compliance) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be leading the legal and regulatory compliance risk and reviews of the organisation and is expected to work in collaboration with the AML/CFT compliance (AML unit) team to participate in development of the compliance standards and practice across the organisation/business units.
- Manage and implement overall group legal and regulatory compliance programme, governance and framework
- Conduct comprehensive legal and regulatory Compliance Regulatory Risk Assessment (CRA) of identifying relevant regulatory risk in relation to the organisation’s legal compliance, internal policies and procedures. This includes developing key legal and regulatory risk theme compliance framework, review of products and business risk compliance assessment
- Ensure the compliance and effective implementation of the group’s compliance programme, governance and framework, including policies and procedures requirements by all business units across the organisation. Responsibilities include the development/review of the group compliance monitoring methodology and undertaking compliance monitoring review (including thematic reviews) across the organisation, produce review reports findings of corrective measures up to closure of actions and reports to the management on the group’s regulatory compliance status, any findings of infringements/regulatory breaches and its recommended action plans
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations including the monitoring of any changes to the laws and regulatory framework governing the group. This includes conducting regulatory gap analysis exercises against all applicable laws and regulations with review of identified gaps, assessing/ensuring adequate controls by business units and monitoring all action plans towards closure
- Act as the regulatory liaison with authorities, including Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), relevant regulatory and agency to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and handling of regulatory audit reviews (internal and external) engagements
- Continuously review, update and implement the group’s compliance programme, governance and framework of policies, procedures, manuals, guidelines and internal control mechanisms to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and best practices
- Ensure proper records keeping and periodic reporting to the Board and Risk Management Committee (BRC/RMC) of non-compliance incidents/issues, including regulatory breaches reporting, through submission of compliance reports to BRC/RMC
- Provide advisory to all legal and regulatory compliance related enquiries from business units, including AML/CFT and sanction advisory matters. Supervise designated compliance officer at the various departments on regulatory compliance matters, including AML/CFT and sanction advisory related work
- Conduct compliance training on all relevant legal and regulatory compliance of the group, including AML/CFT awareness training and programmes
To succeed in this Manager, Compliance (Regulatory Compliance) job, you will need to support the various stakeholders of the group and in collaboration with AML unit, to ensure the group’s legal and regulatory compliance framework and governance is adhered to and complied with in accordance with internal policy and the relevant laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s/university degree from a recognised university or equivalent experience on compliance-related disciplines preferably with regulatory compliance professional certifications
- Eight or more years of relevant post-qualification experience within the financial services industry, with at least five years of managerial experience
- Must have experience in a compliance function, preferably gained from banking or financial credit services industry
- Extensive legal and regulatory compliance knowledge. Familiarity with Bank Negara’s requirements, consumer financing and credit laws is preferred
- Good understanding, knowledge and applications of regulatory compliance risk management, best practices and methodologies
- Experience in performing Regulatory Compliance Risk Assessment and Compliance Review Monitoring, with familiarity of methodologies and testing
- Ability to multitask, identify problems and issues and apply problem solving skills to provide solutions
- Ability to work independently, lead and coach subordinates, as well as a good team player
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines. Ordered, organised and able to determine priorities for self and subordinates
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
This organisation is an exciting addition to the financial services industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager, Compliance (Regulatory Compliance) job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7029
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 March 2023An exciting Process Improvement Manager job has just become available at a respected bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a projects person who is passionate to grow.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 January 2023A reputable entity based in Kuala Lumpur is seeking a highly qualified Manager, Compliance (AML). This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 February 2023An attractive Manager, Group Investor Relations job has become available at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 March 2023An exciting Global Markets Product Control Manager (Valuation Control) job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Kuala Lumpur. This role reports directly to the Head of Product Control.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 March 2023An attractive Investment Advisor job has just become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.