Manager, Compliance (AML)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1897510/001
Date posted 30 January 2023kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/compliance 2023-02-16 2023-03-31 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A reputable entity based in Kuala Lumpur is seeking a highly qualified Manager, Compliance (AML). This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.
About the Manager, Compliance (AML) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for leading regulatory compliance risk and reviews of the organisation and is expected to work in collaboration with the Regulatory Compliance (RC) team to participate in development of compliance standards and practice across the organisation/business units.
- Manage and implement the organisation's overall regulatory compliance governance and framework, including AML/CFT and sanction compliance programme
- Conduct compliance risk assessment of the organisation, including reports on ML/TF inherent risks and AML/CFT mitigating controls, ongoing compliance status and on any findings of infringements and its recommended actions. This includes institutional ML/TF (IRA), products and business risk assessment and review of all business units’ policies, procedures, and process to ensure compliance towards the regulatory requirements
- Effectively implement AML/CFT policy and procedure requirements by all business units across the organisation, including robust CDD/ECDD process and periodic review process, proper risk profiling of customers/KYC with appropriate ML/TF risk, screening requirements, enhancement of AML/CFT controls and monitoring. This includes to analyse and conduct internal due diligence compliance reviews/KYC on higher AML risk cases escalated by business units to compliance
- Continuously review the compliance and regulatory risk by conducting thematic/periodic compliance monitoring reviews, produce review reports findings of corrective measures up to closure of actions, in compliance with AML/CFT laws regulations and policies
- Be responsible for AML/CFT transaction monitoring (TM) activities, review TM alerts and conduct STR-related investigations and investigations of potentially suspicious transactions and/or high risk customers, including fraud investigations and law enforcement agency related investigations. The role includes establish relevant internal criteria and red flags to detect suspicious transactions, maintenance of negative listing, ensuring effective day-to-day AML operations handling and maintenance of AML systems and monitoring tools
- Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer to submit Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM). Advise the management on confirmed unusual and/suspicious transactions with escalation of AML concerns. Liaise with BNM, relevant regulatory and agency to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and handling of audit reviews (internal & external) engagements
- Continuously review, update and implement the group compliance policies, manuals, procedures, systems and control mechanisms in complying with applicable laws and regulations, including AML/CFT regulations, and best practices
- Keep proper records and periodically report to the Board and Risk Management Committee (BRC) of non-compliance incidents/issues, including AML/CFT reporting, through submission of Compliance Reports to BRC
- Provide regulatory advisory to all compliance related enquiries from business units, including AML/CFT and sanction matters. Supervise the Designated Compliance Officer of the various departments on AML/CFT and sanction matters
- Conduct regulatory compliance training, including AML/CFT awareness training and programmes
To succeed in this Manager, Compliance (AML) role, you will need to manage and lead the end-to-end process of all compliance initiatives and projects, with its primary functions relating to AML activities and provide direction to the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team towards its implementation.
- Bachelor’s/university degree from a recognised university or equivalent experience on compliance related disciplines, preferably with AML/CFT professional certifications
- Eight or more years of relevant post-qualification experience within the financial services industry, with at least five years of managerial experience
- Experience in a compliance function is a must, preferably gained from the banking or financial credit services industry
- Good understanding, knowledge and applications of compliance risk management, best practices and methodologies
- Extensive regulatory knowledge (AML/CFT, KYC, suspicious transaction, etc.)
- Experience with background checks such as AML/CFT screening, KYC/CDD/ECDD
- Experience with performing AML/CFT transaction monitoring and review of transaction alerts, report generation, solution case management through AML system and tools
- Experience with performing regulatory compliance risk assessments
- Ability to multitask, identify problems and issues and apply problem-solving skills to provide solutions
- Ability to work independently, lead and coach subordinates, and a good team player
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines. Ordered, organised and able to determine priorities for self and subordinates
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
This organisation is an exciting addition to the financial services industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager, Compliance (AML) job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7029
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 March 2023An exciting Process Improvement Manager job has just become available at a respected bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a projects person who is passionate to grow.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 January 2023An exciting Manager, Compliance (Regulatory Compliance) job has just become available at a renowned payment solutions company based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the financial services industry.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 February 2023An attractive Manager, Group Investor Relations job has become available at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 March 2023An attractive Investment Advisor job has just become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 March 2023An exciting Manager, AML Quality Assurance job has just become available in a renowned Insurance company based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the insurance industry.