Associate, Client Engagement and Protection
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1888340/001
Date posted 28 December 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-12-28 2023-02-26 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Associate, Client Engagement and Protection job has just become available in an international bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for professionals who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the financial services industry.
About the Associate, Client Engagement and Protection Role:
In this business critical role, you will be focused on tasks linked to the whole process of On-Boarding such as collection of documentations from customers, signatures management, KYC process management, static data input and build up strong expertise in KYC and local regulation.
- Apply your familiarity and proficiency in KYC, AML/CFT knowledge with high sensitivity to legal, compliance and operational risks
- Ensure proper documentation and verification through/of company search, the bank's overseas branches, or overseas lawyers, information procured from the public domain or from third parties supporting the due diligence process, and review of constitutional documents to ensure correct documentation for accounts opening/amendment are duly executed in compliance with regulatory and in-house requirements
- Review and analyse information procured and ensure that the KYC Due Diligence for opening new client accounts and maintenance of existing client accounts is in compliance with the bank's procedures and regulatory requirements
- Perform checks in the bank's systems or any systems as required by the bank to complete the Due Diligence review
- Ensure that the Due Diligence package for client is completed accurately and in a timely manner in form and substance as required for review by committee/compliance/management
- Ensure proper procurement, maintenance and updates of KYC Due Diligence documentation in the bank’s systems
- Liaise and coordinate with Business for new client on-boarding and review of existing clients for KYC Due Diligence so that on-boarding and recertification of clients are completed in a good timely manner
- Participate in systems upgrades, standard operating procedures streamlining/enhancements, etc. that may be required
- Implement operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Report all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Participate in AML and Compliance and IT security training
- Minimise operational failure, risk of fraud by helping to devise and implementing sufficient regular controls
- Follow up, facilitate and liaise with appropriate departments to ensure the completion and correctness of the transaction and workflow as requested by client
- Participate and support the successful implementation in all UATs and projects
To succeed in the Associate, Client Engagement and Protection role, you will also need to setup new profiles/accounts for new clients into the various systems and products in relation to the respective products and transactional requirements that may be required.
- Strong operational and administrative skills
- Excellent knowledge of legal and compliance framework
- Excellent knowledge of business activities and understanding of payments, loans and trade products and processing
- Sound PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proactive, self-disciplined, self-motivated with ability to work effectively under pressure
- Escalation of risk issues to management
- Ability to think for yourself and to solve problems
- Banking products knowledge and compliance knowledge (AML and KYC Process)
- Two to three years’ experience in KYC Due Diligence
This organisation is an exciting addition to the financial services industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Associate, Client Engagement and Protection role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 January 2023An exciting Corporate Banking Relationship Manager role based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available at a globally established financial institution.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 January 2023An exciting Senior Executive, Strategy & Business Execution job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Strategic Transformation, this is a role for an individual who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 January 2023An exciting Trade Credit Analyst job based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available at a successful and growing trade credit insurance company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 December 2022An exciting Leverage Finance job has just become available at a locally established regional financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur.