Head of Compliance
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Doreen Ooi
Job Ref 1876870/001
Date posted 19 December 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-12-19 2023-02-17 banking Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A reputable insurer is seeking a highly qualified Head of Compliance. This is a job for a compliance professional who is looking to make lasing impact to the compliance department in the organisation.
About the Head of Compliance Role:
In this business critical role, you will carry out gap analysis or review gap analysis which had been completed by the relevant business owners, on any new/revised guidelines/circulars issued by BNM on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to address the gaps identified within agreed timeline
- Provide supervisory role in reviewing the applicable policies/guidelines/manual, training materials for AML/CFT and sanction listing screening and transaction monitoring
- Ensure the requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), Competition Act (CA), Financial Services Act (FSA)/Islamic Financial Services Act (IFSA) and Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), and other such relevant legislation are complied with
- Coordinate, prepare and review periodic compliance reports/updates to the relevant management committees, board committees and other stakeholders
To succeed in this role, you must have a bachelor’s degree in business administration/banking and finance/law/risk management or appropriate professional qualifications with 10 or more years of work experience in a compliance capacity, including five or more years in a leadership role.
- Understanding of the Financial Services Act 2013 and the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013, BNM guidelines/circular, LIAM resolutions/agreements/circulars
- Ability to conduct training and awareness programmes
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels
- Ability to manage stakeholders (board members, senior management both locally and regionally
This well-known insurer has an outstanding reputation and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression awaits the right person in this exciting Head of Compliance job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 February 2023A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Head, Credit & Market Risk. This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.
Salary: MYR18,000 - MYR25,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 December 2022A respectable Malaysian financial institution is recruiting for a Head of Operational Risk and Shariah Risk Management job.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 December 2022An exciting Head of Business Banking Cash Sales job has become available at an international bank to be based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 December 2022An exciting Head, Risk Portfolio Management job has just become available at one of the most respected banks based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer, this is a role for a risk professional who is keen to take up a leadership role in a dynamic team.
Salary: MYR216,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 February 2023A challenging Associate Director, Mid Market Solutions job has just become available at a locally established regional financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur.