Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1862230/001
Date posted 08 November 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-11-08 2023-01-07 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified Manager, Compliance. This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.
About the Manager, Compliance Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for leading regulatory compliance risk and reviews of the organisation and is expected to work in collaboration with the Regulatory Compliance (RC) team to participate in development of compliance standards and practice across the organisation/business units.
- Manage and implement the organisation's overall regulatory compliance governance and framework, including AML/CFT and sanction compliance programme
- Conduct compliance risk assessment of the organisation, including reports on ML/TF inherent risks and AML/CFT mitigating controls, ongoing compliance status and on any findings of infringements and its recommended actions. This includes institutional ML/TF (IRA), products and business risk assessment and review of all business units’ policies, procedures and process to ensure compliance towards the regulatory requirements
- Effectively implement AML/CFT policy and procedure requirements by all business units across the organisation, including robust CDD/ECDD process and periodic review process, proper risk profiling of customers/KYC with appropriate ML/TF risk, screening requirements, enhancement of AML/CFT controls and monitoring. This includes analysing and conducting of internal due diligence compliance reviews/KYC on higher AML risk cases escalated by business units to compliance
- Review the compliance and regulatory risk by conducting thematic/periodic compliance monitoring reviews, produce review reports findings of corrective measures up to closure of actions, in compliance with AML/CFT laws regulations and policies
- Be responsible for AML/CFT transaction monitoring (TM) activities, reviews of TM alerts and conducts STR related investigations and investigation of potentially suspicious transactions and/or high risk customers, including fraud investigations and law enforcement agencies related investigations. The role includes establish relevant internal criteria and red flags to detect suspicious transactions, maintenance of negative listing, ensuring effective day-to-day AML operations handling and maintenance of AML systems and monitoring tools
- Acts as Money Laundering Reporting Officer to submit Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) to Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM). Advise the management on confirmed unusual and/suspicious transactions with escalation of AML concerns. Liaise with BNM, relevant regulatory and agency to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and handling of audit reviews (internal and external) engagements
- Continuously review, update and implement group compliance policies, manuals, procedures, systems and control mechanisms in complying with applicable laws and regulations, including AML/CFT regulations, and best practices
- Keep proper records and periodic reporting to the board and risk management committee (BRC) of non-compliance incidents/issues, including AML/CFT reporting, through submission of compliance reports to BRC
- Provide regulatory advisory to all compliance related enquiries from business units, including AML/CFT and sanction matters. Supervise Designated Compliance Officer at the various departments on AML/CFT and sanction matters
- Conduct regulatory compliance training, including AML/CFT awareness training and programme
To succeed in the Manager, Compliance job, you will need to manage and lead the end-to-end process of all compliance initiatives and projects, with its primary functions relating to AML activities and provide direction to the anti-money laundering (AML) team towards its implementation.
- Bachelor’s/university degree from a recognised university or equivalent experience on compliance-related disciplines, preferably with an AML/CFT professional certification
- Eight or more years of relevant post-qualification experience within the financial services industry, with at least five years of managerial experience
- Experience in a compliance function is a must, preferably gained from banking or financial credit services industry
- Good understanding, knowledge and applications of compliance risk management, best practices and methodologies
- Extensive regulatory knowledge (AML/CFT, KYC, suspicious transaction, etc.)
- Experience with background checks such as AML/CFT screening, KYC/CDD/ECDD
- Experience with performing AML/CFT transaction monitoring and reviewing of transaction alerts, report generation, solution case management through AML system and tools
- Experience with performing regulatory compliance risk assessments
- Ability to multitask, identify problems and issues and apply problem solving skills to provide solutions
- Ability to work independently, lead and coach subordinates, as well as a good team player
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines. Ordered, organised and able to determine priorities for self and subordinates
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
This organisation is an exciting addition to the financial services industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager, Compliance job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022An attractive Marketing Manager, Digital Sales job has become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 November 2022An attractive Manager, Innovation Programme job has become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 October 2022An exciting Manager, Treasury Product Control job has just become available at one of the most respected banks based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is passionate and a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 October 2022An attractive Manager, New Business and Monetisation, Internet Banking job in a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 October 2022An exciting Manager, Treasury Product Control job has just become available at one of the most respected banks based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is passionate and a leader in their field.